Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 01:02 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,757,343 times

Advertisements

It is amazing that different posters complain and say the agent is not doing their job, because they are not seeing that Zillow and other listing services (other than the MLS) are up to day, and everything perfect.

Fact Zillow and the others besides the MLS are in no way controlled by their agent. They poach the information from the MLS and do their own version. The agent has no control of what is, and what is not happening on those other sites.

They complain that the inspector did not do the inspection within 3 days after the sale. The inspectors are busy people. They have to slot the inspection into their schedule to do it, and it may take a few days to make the inspection, and it takes time to actually type up the inspection form.

They complain that the agent does not get the appraisal in the first week after it is sold. The agent has nothing to do with the appraisal. The appraisal is ordered by the Mortgage Lender. It is not going to be ordered by the mortgage lender, until things such as the Inspection is completed and signed off by both sides. Due to finishing the inspection, and if there are something that the owner/buyer have to agree on, before this is put to bed or is at least agreed to, the lender is not going to order the appraisal. And then it may take a week or two after they sign off the contingency before they can do the appraisal due to the fact an appraiser has to work it into a busy schedule. In other words, the Mortgage Lender is not going to go to the expense of ordering an appraisal, unless the sale is actually past contingencies that must be taken care of, unless the buyer would go into the lender, and pay for the appraisal the day the first contract is signed.

They complain that the sign is not up the day of the listing, and the brochures are not ready for the distribution at least by the next day. For safety's sake, the signs are going to be installed by a professional installer, and it can take 3 or 4 days to get it scheduled in for installation. The brochures are going to be printed by a printing service, and they have to work it into their schedule.

The big thing, is they blame the agent for being no good and incompetent as they are not doing things on the schedule the owner thinks it should be done. The agent is not the one installing the sign, printing the brochures, making the inspection, and doing the appraisal. All the agent can do is to place an order, realizing signs and brochures can take up to a week, and inspection has to be scheduled in when the inspector can do it, and absolutely nothing to do about the appraisal as that is up to the bank.

The OP complained that her agent did not do all these things, and still got the property sold by an agent in another office within the first week. This splitting of duties is standard in the industry today as both sides want to be represented by an agent, with one sellers agent working for the benefit of the seller, and a buyers agent working for the benefit of the buyer.
If you don't believe me on this go ask your attorney. Real estate agents, attorneys, and many others, that work on things with two sides, will see both sides having someone representing them.

The OP is blaming her agent for what. Getting her home sold within a week is good no matter what the OP thinks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2017, 01:04 PM

1,835 posts, read 3,264,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
OP, lets go down through your complaints and show you that you were well represented, and things were done right. You are the one that is being unreasonable. I think I can clear things up for you so you will understand how things really work.

You don't want an agent to get paid, for getting you a sale in the first week. You wanted signs and brochures immediate but those things take up to a week. You blame her for what Zillow, etc., did that she has no control over. If she had not done what she did behind the scenes you really have no idea of what she was doing, your home would not be sold in a week. This is proof, that she was doing her job and deserves every dime you are paying her.
I essentially do not agree with anything you just said...In fact, I seldom agree with the things you post...much of your information is very dated, some of your legal information is outright wrong, and so much of your information is no longer true/correct. I have no idea how old you are, but Im guessing you are over 55 because I can see all the "old" ways of selling real estate in everything you post. I see a total lack of knowledge in the current technical aspects of real estate.

She had a terrible agent, and the home sold itself DESPITE her terrible job, not because of it. I have NEVER had anything like that happen on any of my listings. Zillow, Trulia, Homes.com, Realtor.com, my own IDX feed, HAR, all of it is EXACTLY what I post...not some random collection of crap. I put my own signs up, I print my own flyers, and I have it ALL correct and all of it is ready THE day I activate the listing, not some piecemeal trash like this agent did.

The agent will get paid...but it doesn't make it right, and it certainly doesnt mean she earned it.

Old 05-26-2017, 01:26 PM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksmu View Post
I essentially do not agree with anything you just said...In fact, I seldom agree with the things you post...much of your information is very dated, some of your legal information is outright wrong, and so much of your information is no longer true/correct. I have no idea how old you are, but Im guessing you are over 55 because I can see all the "old" ways of selling real estate in everything you post. I see a total lack of knowledge in the current technical aspects of real estate.

She had a terrible agent, and the home sold itself DESPITE her terrible job, not because of it. I have NEVER had anything like that happen on any of my listings. Zillow, Trulia, Homes.com, Realtor.com, my own IDX feed, HAR, all of it is EXACTLY what I post...not some random collection of crap. I put my own signs up, I print my own flyers, and I have it ALL correct and all of it is ready THE day I activate the listing, not some piecemeal trash like this agent did.

The agent will get paid...but it doesn't make it right, and it certainly doesnt mean she earned it.
Well, Mark, I tend to essentially agree with everything you just said...

Uh, regarding Z: I don't like that I cannot manually post my listings to them anymore, but that is quite tangential to the topic at hand.

Old 05-27-2017, 10:50 AM

4,374 posts, read 11,223,721 times
Document this and call her broker, tell him or her that you are reporting her to the governing real estate board due to this disgusting service and do it (in writing). She will get a warning or a fine...a number of those and she'll be out.

Old 05-27-2017, 11:09 AM

10,966 posts, read 21,972,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksmu View Post

Also agree. Agent had one thing right on this that I see and that is price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate