U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 09:00 PM

5,134 posts, read 6,559,500 times

Advertisements

It doesn't "matter," but getting a lot of views should indicate that it's desirable to the people looking at it online, so hopefully that translates to it being desirable in person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 09:18 PM

5,700 posts, read 9,439,210 times
The Redfin "hot house" designation carries a lot more weight with me than the number of views on Zillow. Both of my recent sales were listed as "hot houses" & both were under contract in a couple of weeks. So at least here, it seems to be a decent predictor.

Zillow showed about a hundred views a day -ish, not sure where they came from & don't personally trust Zillow for anything.

Old 05-26-2017, 07:33 AM

667 posts, read 291,942 times
I think it has to do with price point over all. My house had tons of views and it did sell quickly (was also a Hot House on Redfin). But a recent friend's home did not even though they got a lot of views and were a hot house. Problem is, their house needed tons of updating so while it was in a hot price point, once people did see it online they moved on.

Old 05-26-2017, 08:56 AM

10,199 posts, read 6,215,441 times
A good % of those views are search engines and other website bots crawling popular websites, listings to extract info for advertising or stats gathering. You can't see real views, only Zillow has metrics on real member views. I believe any company like to pad the view count by just tallying random hits even if most of them are bots and not real users. This way they can show you their services have values.

I bet you that often you get the same real visibility on craigslist as Zillow that's because many agents and real humans scour both sites for listings.

Old 05-26-2017, 09:15 AM

5,134 posts, read 6,559,500 times
True, the number of people who saved it on Zillow or favorited it on Redfin might be a slightly better indication than just views (but yes still don't really matter).

Old 05-26-2017, 09:20 AM

28,663 posts, read 50,944,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
True, the number of people who saved it on Zillow or favorited it on Redfin might be a slightly better indication than just views (but yes still don't really matter).
I used to have Faves on Z listings from people who are 100 miles away, just so they can share.
I put no stock in that number.

Old 05-26-2017, 11:42 AM

3,319 posts, read 6,090,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I used to have Faves on Z listings from people who are 100 miles away, just so they can share.
I put no stock in that number.
Absolutely...I just like looking at real estate online. Even out of my area. Out of my price range. Too bad there's no way to designate a "hobby looker" versus someone who is actually in the market in your area and your price range. I apologize for inflating the figures and giving unwarranted hope to a seller.

Old 12-03-2017, 10:11 AM

1 posts, read 156 times
Default What Info from listing realtor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean50 View Post
It tells you on most of the sites if the click thru all the details. I don't think Zillow does, do they?

Mine is listed too. I havent gotten as many views as your's, but i do notice that many people "view," but then don't go and click thru all of the photos. It's interesting.

My Realtor sends me the viewings from Realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia, and one other - can't remember right now.

Please share what your listing realtor is giving you regarding viewings on Realtor, Trulia ext. My listing realtor hasn't done a thing except put it on MLS - I'm beyond disappointed.

Old 12-03-2017, 10:28 AM

17,536 posts, read 10,491,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebud214 View Post
Please share what your listing realtor is giving you regarding viewings on Realtor, Trulia ext. My listing realtor hasn't done a thing except put it on MLS - I'm beyond disappointed.
On Zillow at least I know as the owner you can get those stats emailed to you .

Might be the same with the other sites but didn't look at them much .

Of course at the end of the day all that matters is how many offers come in . My house was vacant at the time it was on the market but I'd stop in to check on things .

You should ask your realtor about those stats and any other info ..how long has your home been on market ?

Old 12-03-2017, 03:55 PM

5,502 posts, read 5,835,194 times
I'm guessing that "views" means it showed up in a search, not that someone clicked on the photos or anything. So imagine you pick a zip code and range of prices that gives 70 results. I think that would count as a "view" since the little picture of the house plus price is in the search results. Then if that same person comes back and searches another time that is another view--whether or not they looked at the details. How else could there be so many views in such a short time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate