U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 08:21 AM

8,375 posts, read 16,439,090 times

Advertisements

I don't know "typical" in your area. Showings and offers matter more. How many showings and offers have you had?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2017, 05:15 PM

5,134 posts, read 6,559,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4horses View Post
I'm guessing that "views" means it showed up in a search, not that someone clicked on the photos or anything. So imagine you pick a zip code and range of prices that gives 70 results. I think that would count as a "view" since the little picture of the house plus price is in the search results. Then if that same person comes back and searches another time that is another view--whether or not they looked at the details. How else could there be so many views in such a short time.
I would have to think views means they actually clicked on it (although maybe they didn't get through all the pictures). Lots of people look at RE listings that aren't actively looking to buy.

Old 12-04-2017, 06:35 PM

4,260 posts, read 7,242,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Just in the last 2 days there's been 1100 views supposedly.. sounds like a lot .
4 million people in los angels.

Old 12-04-2017, 10:03 PM

7,345 posts, read 1,864,006 times
I wouldn't look to much into how many Zillow views you have. Many people look at Zillow that are not even in the market to buy.

Old 12-05-2017, 05:03 AM

28,663 posts, read 50,944,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
I don't know "typical" in your area. Showings and offers matter more. How many showings and offers have you had?
Exactly right.
Particularly if the listing has a common name in the street, community, or city that is a keyword in many unrelated searches by consumers.
The OP would do well to review the details of the listing and the remarks by the listing agent in the MLS listing.

When my buyers "find" the house on Zillow, usually it is a home that came up already in the MLS search I have set up for them.
Or, they are seeking with parameters they did not provide to me, i.e., different location, higher price, etc.

Old 12-05-2017, 07:54 AM

5,628 posts, read 4,705,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
I wouldn't look to much into how many Zillow views you have. Many people look at Zillow that are not even in the market to buy.
Zillow is up in the "75 million unique visitors each month" range ... but we're only selling maybe 7MM resale homes this year in the US. Do the math.

Are those actively looking using Zillow at some point? In very high %'s - yes. However, I do know people that are actively looking that either haven't heard of Zillow (I know!?!?!?!?) or don't use it because it's so error-prone.

Old Yesterday, 06:41 PM
Status: "Peace hath higher tests of manhood than battle ever knew" (set 3 days ago)

1,392 posts, read 1,962,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebud214 View Post
Please share what your listing realtor is giving you regarding viewings on Realtor, Trulia ext. My listing realtor hasn't done a thing except put it on MLS - I'm beyond disappointed.
I will check to see what comes - i look at them and delete them. I know it has number of views, and number of people who go thru all of the photos. I think he sends me one from each of those sites - but i will keep watch and let you know. I believe they come weekly. It also has something like a chart with it.

We've had about 33 showings since May 19. One offer that was much too low. Dropped the price once, and will probably drop it again after the new year.

Old Today, 12:04 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,040,399 times
All I know is that I utilized Zillow (as well as the MLS website I had access to) heavily when I was looking to buy my first place. I definitely used Zillow and similar sites to scratch certain places off of my list and to add to my list of places to check out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate