Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 12:41 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,083,908 times

Advertisements

I know when we sell our house we will be putting a contingency or two in the contract for our security . This current house she has a contingency on it n that if she could not find a home within a reasonable time frame and cost then the deal would be off and we were okay with that because most likely we would have done the same thing and we will do the same thing when we get ready to sell . The next move will be our final move since it will be time to retire and this house is too big for that .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2017, 12:51 PM

3,133 posts, read 2,257,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I'm selling my first home . It was just listed this week . Getting a lot of views on Zillow and is a "hot home" on Redfin but I know the only important thing is offers of course .

The house is currently vacant so i don't really know if there have been showings yet .
Considering the local market what I've been seeing is that homes are usually getting multiple offers . I would expect this since inventory is low and I feel the house is priced well if not a bit below market .

If offers already started coming in would my agent let me know right away or wait to see if there are multiple offers and then present all of them too me .
There are some open houses scheduled this weekend so hopefully some offers will be coming in next week .

When there is a multiple offer situation I'm guessing that means they aren't all necessarily coming in on the same day right ?

I've also seen some listings where they say "offers will begin being accepted on X date"
Just curious as to whether or not you've asked your realtor these questions?

Old 05-27-2017, 12:59 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
Yes I've asked realtor questions just like hearing different insights experiences from the forum as well .

Last edited by jm1982; 05-27-2017 at 01:29 PM..

Old 05-27-2017, 11:14 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,735,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I'm in Los Angeles , it's common for homes to get multiple offers over list in the current market .
So most homes here are selling for full price . Might be different than your local market in Indiana .

Some insight here

Writing love letters, bidding $100,000 extra: Buying a Southern California home is 'insane' - LA Times

Another article about the market here
Southern California home buyers face fierce competition and tight inventory this spring - LA Times

Pretty much every recent sold in this particular area is going over asking , often by tens of thousands of dollars .

Many more buyers than homes available to buy .
I'm considered to be in the Chicagoland area. Market here is hot as well. Very low inventory. I'm just wondering why you wouldn't just list higher if that's what you really want? To me, it sounds like you're gambling by not taking a full price offer.

Old 05-29-2017, 01:53 PM

16 posts, read 30,299 times
Offers are usually presented the same day received if possible. If he hasn't said anything then odds are nothing has come in. Zillow and Redfin are not accurate counts of how hot your home truly is because a lot of those views are from window shoppers not serious buyers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate