Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 05:42 AM

9,358 posts, read 14,085,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
Hmmm... 3 weeks... I would have waited another, but it wouldn't send a red flag to me as a buyer.

I'm more perplexed by the amount. $7K puts them at $378K. I would have cut it $10K (at minimum) because $375K, being a nice, round number, is probably a max search for potential buyers. Dropping if from 385 to 378 probably didn't add the home to many buyer's search parameters.
The drop of 7K shows intent. "We are intent on selling the house and will float down the price until it is desirable." It works with buyers who pay more attention to thinking they are getting a good deal than to those looking at value. Those buyers think, "The sellers are becoming desperate and dropping the price, now we can get a good deal!"

The ads that are really bizarre show a price drop of $500 for example. Just enough to bump them onto the list of houses that have dropped in price and to put them in front of buyers again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2017, 07:21 AM

3,830 posts, read 6,728,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4horses View Post
The drop of 7K shows intent. "We are intent on selling the house and will float down the price until it is desirable." It works with buyers who pay more attention to thinking they are getting a good deal than to those looking at value. Those buyers think, "The sellers are becoming desperate and dropping the price, now we can get a good deal!"

The ads that are really bizarre show a price drop of $500 for example. Just enough to bump them onto the list of houses that have dropped in price and to put them in front of buyers again.
Yes, it shows intent, but being so close to that 375 number, I would have just went there to hopefully capture new eyes.

The few hundred dollar drops are ridiculous. Inventory is super low here. While I was looking over the winter, there was one of those houses. They'd drop the price about once a month by a few hundred dollars. Never even by 1% of the asking price. It took a full year to sell. It was over priced to begin with. It did sell for 85% of the original list price. Had they made some real price drops, or priced it right from the beginning, it would have been gone quickly like everything else around here.

Old 06-17-2017, 09:00 PM

374 posts, read 548,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4horses View Post

Yes, if we do another drop, we'll make sure it lands in another price bracket. Say a prayer for us!!

Old 06-18-2017, 05:19 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison81 View Post
Yes, if we do another drop, we'll make sure it lands in another price bracket.
I haven't been following the progressions but...
have you learned what the previous lookers thought?
Both about the price and your house and your house vs their other options?

Assuming they were actually qualified and interested in the area...
in a busy sellers market one of them should have made an offer of some sort
(even if at a price that you might think is a low ball).

Old 06-30-2017, 12:25 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,233,524 times
Another drop of $3000.

The other home that the OP showed with the same cabinets has been on the market now for nearly 2 months with a drop of $20,000 after only 10 days on the market.

Old 07-03-2017, 11:17 AM

182 posts, read 239,382 times
Whooo weee--isn't selling fun????

Nice home and someone will come along but I'm thinking a robust price drop will garner interest. Don't get discouraged.

Old 07-03-2017, 12:23 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoe View Post
...but I'm thinking a robust price drop will garner interest. Don't get discouraged.
Aren't those two thoughts at odds with each other?
---

It's not that big of a community.
Odds are that every qualified who WANT's to buy now has passed it over.
The next wave of lookers probably won't be in until after the kids are settled in at school.

Old 07-04-2017, 09:30 AM

488 posts, read 798,535 times
Selling can be so frustrating - people are so nit picky on things that don't matter. Personally I think your house is lovely!

Old 07-04-2017, 09:50 AM

17,706 posts, read 29,796,003 times
Way too many new houses in the general area as competition.
This is going to be brutal for this seller.

Old 07-04-2017, 12:58 PM

182 posts, read 239,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Aren't those two thoughts at odds with each other?
---

It's not that big of a community.
Odds are that every qualified who WANT's to buy now has passed it over.
The next wave of lookers probably won't be in until after the kids are settled in at school.

As a recent seller--it can be discouraging when you see everyone else going under contract while you're still on the market especially if the homes are priced similar and offer about the same. You start to question your taste etc.

Yeah it sucks dropping another 7 grand off the price but if you really need to move and aren't just testing the waters then you might feel relief to get the house sold.

Home ownership isn't a path to wealth and for people who think they can buy a home and then turn around and sell if for 40 thousand more 3 yrs later are in for a rude awakening unless you live in super hot hot hot markets.

In the subdivision I'm currently in....a house sold last year for 360,000. Owner listed it two months ago for 480,000. He's crazy man! It's still sitting-- everyone in this zip code suddenly think this is silicon valley and are jacking up the prices and trying to get rich quick. Lake Nona area of Orlando.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate