Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2017, 02:53 PM

3,444 posts, read 2,818,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
We are expecting multiple offers this weekend. Cross your fingers for us!
Fingers crossed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2017, 02:57 PM

3,444 posts, read 2,818,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
When I lived in SC, 74 was hot to me. Temperature doesn't work the same for everyone. There's also the humidity factor.
If you have humidity in your house in the south when the A/C is set at 74, there is a problem with your A/C. When you walk inside after being out in 90+ degree, humid weather into a house with low humidity at 74 degrees, if it feels too warm to you, then I think that's a personal issue and not an A/C issue.

Old 07-08-2017, 04:00 PM

1,020 posts, read 808,834 times
Hope you get multiple offers this weekend & are all done! One thing I wanted to mention & I'm sure it varies based on where you live, but here, the lockboxes are all electronic, so my realtor could tell exactly who was in the house, how long they'd been there, etc. It was an additional assurance in case something went missing. We were fortunate enough to be able to move out & sell it after we'd left, but even for staging, I removed anything that had sentimental value & staged with art from Goodwill, rather than my real art. Still it was a bit of a security blanket to know that if there had been theft or anything really major that happened, that my realtor could access the lockbox system & narrow down the culprits.

Old 07-08-2017, 06:01 PM

2,509 posts, read 2,496,877 times
74 is hot indoors

If you can't get your AC below that, your AC isn't big enough for your house

Old 07-08-2017, 06:45 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,070,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookspage View Post
74 is hot indoors

If you can't get your AC below that, your AC isn't big enough for your house

It is NOT hot in here.

My A/C is fine. Where do you come up with "I can't get it below that"? I CAN get it below that but I don't see the need to sit around in sweats in July.

Dang.

ETA: I have already stated that I do not have a traditional outdoor a/c unit. I don't think you all know what you're talking about when it is not your house.

Old 07-08-2017, 08:16 PM

8,147 posts, read 8,348,424 times
Best of luck getting those offers! It will be great to get the showing over with for sure. Do you have a contract on another house at the new location or are you waiting to find a new home until after you close this sale? In your opening post, you believed the awful people who viewed your house were not actually in a position to make an offer because their own house wasn't listed yet and you were not accepting contingencies.

I did want to point out that I often submit contracts on homes when I still have a house to sell. I am a cash buyer and don't need equity from the place I am living in to buy another. When my son bought his last house, he did need the equity in his old house to buy another. So I just loaned him the money to buy the new place and he moved out of the old place into the new house before he put the old house on the market. You really don't know what other people's situations are....

Old 07-08-2017, 08:30 PM

2,737 posts, read 5,456,190 times
Some think 74 is too warm? I wouldn't want to pay their electric bills! 75 is the lowest we set the thermostats in the summer, even at night.

Hope you receive at least one good offer this weekend!

Old 07-08-2017, 08:45 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,070,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
Best of luck getting those offers! It will be great to get the showing over with for sure. Do you have a contract on another house at the new location or are you waiting to find a new home until after you close this sale? In your opening post, you believed the awful people who viewed your house were not actually in a position to make an offer because their own house wasn't listed yet and you were not accepting contingencies.

I did want to point out that I often submit contracts on homes when I still have a house to sell. I am a cash buyer and don't need equity from the place I am living in to buy another. When my son bought his last house, he did need the equity in his old house to buy another. So I just loaned him the money to buy the new place and he moved out of the old place into the new house before he put the old house on the market. You really don't know what other people's situations are....
Hey, we're moving to your neck of the woods. I'm sure soon I'll be crying about how hard it is to find a house there. No, we don't have one there yet. It's not a market where you can make contingent offers.

I am feeling a bit panicky as to whether we can find a new house as special to us as this one is!

Anyway, in answer to your other question, we know these buyers weren't in a position to buy yet because their agent told our agent.

Old 07-08-2017, 11:34 PM

428 posts, read 416,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
People that like to pretend and waste time, people that are just looking just to look...
We required our Realtor to have in hand a copy of a prequalification letter each time we sold a home (we sold three). People that are ready to move will have one, especially because most are only valid for around thirty days. It can help weed out the real buyers from the looky-loos.

Old 07-09-2017, 03:02 AM

2,913 posts, read 2,048,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starla View Post
When my house was up for sale, buyers left my back door wide open. I got home that night at 11pm, it had been open for about 10 hours, anything could have wandered in. They also left the lights on. One showing left water running. I don't know what is wrong with people.
Isn't it the agents responsibility to make sure the house is "back in order"after the viewing party leaves?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate