Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 09:24 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
Allowing access to others likely keeps the HOA fees lower for the community with the pool.
Or not, which was my point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2017, 11:17 PM

4,577 posts, read 5,664,872 times
I'd include it -- if someone doesn't want one, they will be glad it's optional. But if you have someone who DOES want one and realizes that the HOA doesn't provide one, they will be pleased to know a nearby pool is available. Win-win. I don't see a downside to providing the information. In fact, if it were me, I'd also include it in the flyer that is at the house.

Old 08-11-2017, 05:36 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Ironically, the community that has the pool/clubhouse is a townhouse only community with the townhouses being on the low end when it comes to pricing. Homes in our community go for more money. I'm not sure what that community's HOA fees are.
This is the reason I would not list. If it were a higher priced community I would use it to tie my home in with that community, but since it is on the low end I would not tie my property to theirs and I would actually try to distance myself.

It would be like BMW mentioning an option to have heated seats by YUGO. Why would BMW tie their brand to YUGO in any way? What is the benefit?

Old 08-11-2017, 06:11 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
Since it's an option but some see it as a benefit I think it could only help to mention the pool.
what he said. Mention it as an option, just don't go overboard playing it up.

Old 08-11-2017, 10:09 AM

837 posts, read 1,119,905 times
Where I come from, the HOA dues include use of pool. So it should be noted in the listing that use of the pool is an extra fee. Sometimes buyers can be mistakenly told by their realtor that the HOA dues include use of the pool.

Old 08-11-2017, 10:17 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyrallnamestaken View Post
Where I come from, the HOA dues include use of pool. So it should be noted in the listing that use of the pool is an extra fee. Sometimes buyers can be mistakenly told by their realtor that the HOA dues include use of the pool.
The pool is not in the OP's complex, that's why it's not covered in their HOA fee. They have the OPTION to pay a fee to use the pool in a different complex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate