Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 03:24 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,983,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_because View Post
I didn't 'admit' that I have never been in the RE industry. I openly said/volunteered it many times....
You say:
"It's not that they literally don't care about selling their listings". (bold emphasis my own)

If you don't mean it and you can't stand behind it, then don't say it. Or retract it clearly and take accountability for a mistake. I have no idea what 'literally' is supposed to mean here. ...
You should know that it's not logical (or fair) to suggest that brokers who might have a lower cost, lower level of marketing and other services 'don't care' or even suggest that they 'care less' than full service brokers. ....

If you had simply clarified your words and took accountability instead of giving us more nonsense like 'literally' and didn't keep swinging at me, this post would have been unnecessary so apologies to everyone for the distraction in an otherwise very productive thread.
I'll admit a few things.
1 - I admit that you failed to grasp context.
2- I admit I'm one of the 4 very fine agents I mentioned that offers an entry only listing service for a flat fee but it's not my primary model. Very few people take me up on it as it's transaction brokerage and most want representation.
3- I admit I have a much greater understanding of the RE industry than you do.
4- I admit that I clarified my comment.
5- You admit you don't understand real estate.
6- You admit you don't know what literally means. (lit·er·al·ly - adverb - in a literal manner or sense; exactly. synonyms:exactly, precisely, actually, really, truly)
7- I admit you hi-jack many threads.
8- I admit that I stand behind my statement.
9- I admit that I've grown tired of playing with you and will henceforth start ignoring you more frequently as your transparency speaks for itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2017, 03:34 PM

1,112 posts, read 884,257 times
Back in the late 1990's a friend thought FSBO was the way to go to sell their house which was in a very desirable area... ..they had already purchased their next house. After 6 months, no offers and double mortgage payments later....they finally hired a realtor...BOOM! Sold! You be the judge.

Mae

Old 09-07-2017, 04:00 PM

43,284 posts, read 77,104,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae Maes Garden View Post
Back in the late 1990's a friend thought FSBO was the way to go to sell their house which was in a very desirable area... ..they had already purchased their next house. After 6 months, no offers and double mortgage payments later....they finally hired a realtor...BOOM! Sold! You be the judge.

Mae
Did they mess up the house and presentation to buyers?

Is the "...late 1990's..." 20 years ago where that home is located?

Old 09-09-2017, 07:22 PM

1,112 posts, read 884,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Did they mess up the house and presentation to buyers?

Is the "...late 1990's..." 20 years ago where that home is located?
The house was located in the west st Louis suburbs. I don't think that they "messed up,the presentstion". They did not have any real estate agents ask to show the house,
They did eventually hire a discount broker but it was not until they listed with a full commission broker did they sell the house. That agent gave them a to-do list to unclutter the house.

Mae

Old 09-09-2017, 07:31 PM

43,284 posts, read 77,104,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae Maes Garden View Post
The house was located in the west st Louis suburbs. I don't think that they "messed up,the presentstion". They did not have any real estate agents ask to show the house,
They did eventually hire a discount broker but it was not until they listed with a full commission broker did they sell the house. That agent gave them a to-do list to unclutter the house.

Mae
But... "Is the "...late 1990's..." 20 years ago where that home is located?"

See, a fair amount has changed in two decades. In most areas, alternate models have been more widely accepted.
And, in hot markets, FSBOs do fairly well, if they have their act together to any extent.

All I am saying is that an example from 20 years ago is hardly rationale for drawing conclusions in today's market environment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate