Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 05:04 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,579,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Schmitters View Post
By my estimation, the flipper is being a snowflake. As a buyer, I don't expect to pay my Seller for work done. It's not a service industry, it's a product. I am buying a house. Not services rendered. I think you're confusing flippers with contractors or builders. In these arrangements, a buyer will order specific services and items and have the product custom made. When buying a house, I will pay more for a 2 car garage or CAC, but I am paying for that product. I'm not compensating snowflake flipper for his work, as he apparently feels entitled to (he saw it on HGTV, after all). Since you brought up responsibility, it is not my responsibility to ensure the buyer is compensated for the work he put into the house.
This is just simply ridiculous.

You cannot argue on one hand that the value of the home is driven by the market and on the other hand by the previous price.

The market is the market. The value is the value. Darlin’ I hope it doesn’t get too hot there. The only snowflake expecting to have their way, lest we face the tantrum, is you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2018, 05:34 PM

10,350 posts, read 8,567,170 times
Quote:
This is why I prefer to work with sellers who are selling as a means to an end, not solely for profit.
This makes no sense at all.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:10 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,054,161 times
Quote:
This is why I prefer to work with sellers who are selling as a means to an end, not solely for profit.
How's that working for ya?

Old 01-10-2018, 06:45 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times
nobody's robbed her yet

Old 01-10-2018, 07:09 PM

11 posts, read 11,157 times
makes me wish I could twitch my nose and put my completely refurbished first flip in YOUR market! finished, I'm only asking $65K! North Mississippi with LOTS of new industry and Jobs around, half hour south of Memphis, Tn for city amenities.

Old 01-10-2018, 07:56 PM

2,181 posts, read 1,628,376 times
I'm going to buy my next car according to 1930's car prices.

Old 01-11-2018, 04:10 AM

6,319 posts, read 10,344,319 times
Quote:
By my estimation, the flipper is being a snowflake. As a buyer, I don't expect to pay my Seller for work done. It's not a service industry, it's a product. I am buying a house. Not services rendered. I think you're confusing flippers with contractors or builders. In these arrangements, a buyer will order specific services and items and have the product custom made. When buying a house, I will pay more for a 2 car garage or CAC, but I am paying for that product. I'm not compensating snowflake flipper for his work, as he apparently feels entitled to (he saw it on HGTV, after all). Since you brought up responsibility, it is not my responsibility to ensure the buyer is compensated for the work he put into the house.
So... did this one sell?

Old 01-11-2018, 06:33 AM

10,965 posts, read 21,983,290 times
Quote:
You're why sellers hire agents...so they don't have to deal directly with buyers like you. Thank you for the job security.

Old 01-11-2018, 06:35 AM

Quote:
By my estimation, the flipper is being a snowflake. As a buyer, I don't expect to pay my Seller for work done....
LOL, Imma jus' leave this right here. Someone is indeed being a snowflake.

Old 01-11-2018, 06:36 AM

Quote:
You did say or at least strongly imply that a decent flip will take 3-4 months. The one in question was just a matter of weeks, I actually forgot the details now but you inadvertently helped prove my point.
Nah, I've flipped a few homes. Depends on the work to be done but a few weeks is usually enough. Maybe 3-4 months to build a house but not renovate a house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate