Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 07:00 AM

3,248 posts, read 2,454,113 times

Advertisements

Anyone seen this? I have a friend in LA who says that many realtors there are also home stagers-- they list your house and decorate it to appeal to buyers. She sold a home recently and was charged $900 for staging services by her realtor.

Is this a new thing? Any pros on here offer that service?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2017, 07:28 AM

6,815 posts, read 11,531,564 times
We recently sold our home, and our listing agent included a one hour “staging consultation” with a stager as part of her services. Some of the stagers’ ideas were good, some I thought a little nuts, but we did do most of them and were under contract in two weeks so can’t argue with the results.

Old 10-11-2017, 07:38 AM

6,556 posts, read 8,381,935 times
My sister is a RE broker and one of her designations is "Accredited Staging Professional". She gives staging consultations as a part of her services to her clients. She does not charge an additional fee for the consultation because ultimately if the house looks good, it sells, and she gets her commission.

Old 10-11-2017, 09:35 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,802,767 times
I used a Feng Shui consultant on the advice of my realtor. She made a few suggestions which did make the house look better. She was cheaper than a stager.

Old 10-11-2017, 12:04 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
We recently sold our home, and our listing agent included a one hour “staging consultation” with a stager as part of her services. Some of the stagers’ ideas were good, some I thought a little nuts, but we did do most of them and were under contract in two weeks so can’t argue with the results.
My listing agent offered the same thing in L.A. Paid for a stager to come out.
They didn't suggest staging it as one would typically think with certain furniture etc. She recommended a variety of things many I already planned to do to get it ready...but it was beneficial.

The listing agent actually loaned me money at zero percent to do improvements and I paid him back at escrow. It worked out nice . He also scheduled out to get the work done and stuff.
If I had done everything the stager suggested it would of been very expensive, but kept it pretty minimal.

My home wasn't in a high end area, but I imagine in most of those areas you'd have to spend more and put in stainless steel appliances and all that. She actually suggested that..and I thought it was crazy and doubt I would of been able to get my money back on that.

Old 10-11-2017, 12:16 PM

4,578 posts, read 5,661,006 times
Yeesh . . . I don't now if I'd have the nerve to charge a client a staging fee on top of a full-service commission.

If the agent was an a la carte agent (i.e., list on MLS for X amount, lockbox X amount, etc.), then yes, I could see it. But for a traditional realtor-client relationship? No.

Old 10-11-2017, 12:36 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
I'm not sure it's "nerve", if you have the professional designation. I pay for the staging consult from a licensed stager as part of my full-service package, but it's the Seller's responsibility to enact the changes and pay for them. I'd call a $900 consult expensive, but no telling what actual staging got done.

Old 10-11-2017, 01:26 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
I know several realtors who are stagers.

It helps them and it helps the client.

Old 10-11-2017, 02:09 PM

10,888 posts, read 7,370,074 times
My realtor has the sterling qualities of being honest, reliable, and a good salesperson. but doesn't have a clue about staging. I have decoratin' experience, so I'll handle it.

Old 10-11-2017, 05:01 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emotiioo View Post
Anyone seen this? I have a friend in LA who says that many realtors there are also home stagers-- they list your house and decorate it to appeal to buyers. She sold a home recently and was charged $900 for staging services by her realtor.

Is this a new thing? Any pros on here offer that service?
Being diverse in almost any service field would be a plus imo. Why not, a realtor obviously gets a true sense of what makes a home most marketable. Utilize this skill as a savvy home owner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate