Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 04:05 PM

2,509 posts, read 2,497,472 times

Advertisements

I like when real estate agents have their dog in their photos. I always think that shows that they don't take themselves too seriously and could be someone I could get along with

It helps me remember them too, like Oh you're the guy with the bulldog!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2017, 06:46 PM

14,486 posts, read 12,114,400 times
I don't know why agents put their picture on the card, but we do.
We aren't young or glamorous. We posed with our horse on our card.
We specialize in country properties.

Old 10-25-2017, 06:52 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmichigan View Post
I tend to judge agents more by what they write.
absolutely!

Old 10-25-2017, 06:53 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookspage View Post
I like when real estate agents have their dog in their photos. I always think that shows that they don't take themselves too seriously and could be someone I could get along with

It helps me remember them too, like Oh you're the guy with the bulldog!
and we're not talking sitting on the front steps of the house, "family photo". We're talking posed shots with just the agent and the dog (or cat, seen those too).

High-larious.

Old 10-25-2017, 06:59 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,652,717 times
The super-polished, Photo-shopped ones are no Bueno.

Anyone in a blazer is to not be trusted.

Anyone with a "bubble" is undesirable.

Spray-tans, veneers, or dyed big hair = recycle bin.

Old 10-26-2017, 12:17 AM

2,913 posts, read 2,049,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minna_reid View Post
This is why I have my picture on pretty much nothing (except necessary online avenues)- I find it tacky and unprofessional. I like to be judged by the quality of my work, not my face or figure. In fact I find it demeaning that as an industry we propel this idea. Very few professional industries operate this way.
This is true and I agree with you. Reminds me of all the "ambulance chaser lawyer" billboards I see scattered throughout the city that showcases their "tough, intimidating, don't take crap from no one" looks on their face....smh

There is one of a local female "divorce lawyer" whose motto is "You Ever Argue With A Female?"....smh And she looks like she has a million dollars worth of plastic surgery and a major boob job she highlights in her "pose"...

I find it tacky also.

Old 10-26-2017, 12:19 AM

2,913 posts, read 2,049,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
The super-polished, Photo-shopped ones are no Bueno.

Anyone in a blazer is to not be trusted.

Anyone with a "bubble" is undesirable.

Spray-tans, veneers, or dyed big hair = recycle bin.
lol....my wife tends to be "judgmental" like that when viewing pictures of business owners.

Old 10-26-2017, 05:47 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
Do you [sub]consciously judge agents by their headshot?

Headshot? I'm not wild about many realtors but I've never felt the urge to put a bullet in their head.

The last time I bought a house, I called someone who used to live and work in the town as a realtor and asked their opinion about who to pick for a realtor. I was referred to someone who was totally on top of everything. I didn't meet the woman or see a photo of her until we met at the first property I wanted to look at. I made an offer on that property that day. I was buying remotely from 220 miles away. She was as advertised and bird-dogged the whole process properly so I didn't have to keep driving 220 miles to nudge things forwards.

If I'm choosing a listing broker, I always pick the owner of the highest volume real estate agency in town. The last time I sold, the woman looked like Paula Dean. I care about demonstrated results, not what they look like.

Old 10-26-2017, 07:18 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
You look at a photo and think--
I don't care if they look like Bigfoot. I want to know someone's years in the business, how successful they are, etc.

Old 10-26-2017, 10:08 AM

2,509 posts, read 2,497,472 times
People do use a lot of subjective criteria to pick agents though.

Ethnicity, race, religion, age, gender all come into play. So the picture is one way to communicate those things without being overt about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate