U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 08:31 PM

2,714 posts, read 6,929,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean50 View Post
Yep, happened to me and I had already "re-upped." Weird.
Jelly, did you relist with your original agent?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2017, 08:49 AM

223 posts, read 118,391 times
I am listed now and got one of these guys the other day.

Old 12-12-2017, 05:52 PM

1,548 posts, read 2,220,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyj View Post
Jelly, did you relist with your original agent?
Yes.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:59 PM

9 posts, read 3,199 times
Yes. This is a business and it would be great.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0L...hqrvNXzMGPrwXw

Old 12-24-2017, 06:20 PM

36 posts, read 10,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyj View Post
We put our home on the market this past May contracted with a local agent for 6 months.
Had to take it off the market because our new build was delayed. Our agent still had the contract but the listing was not active.

Our listing expired yesterday and we started getting calls this morning from other agents inquiring about our desire to sell.
I was really surprised that we got 6 messages and 2 visits from realtors asking about our intent to sell.

Is this common?
Yes it is. Realtors put food on their table and keep a roof over their heads by selling houses. One of the ways to find houses to list is to look for houses in the MLS that did not sell. Your realtor should have warned you.

Old 12-24-2017, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
I usually get a bit nasty when this kind of thing happens and ask the realtor how many times he showed the property during the initial listing, if he is so interested in it now.

Of course, they just want the listing, which means they get something whether or not they are the agent who sells.

The only time I show a house is if I have a similar listing and have been contacted by buyers. Reasons I may not show a house are:

1. buyer doesn't want to to see it because they don't like it or it's too expensive
2. I don't have a buyer for it because I don't have any similar listings
3. The buyer I do get buys my own listing.

Naturally we want the listing because then we can sell it and pay our bills. That makes sense, doesn't it?

Old 12-24-2017, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofHere View Post
Who do they think they are, collection agencies? If anyone did that to me I would be on the phone to their agency letting them know, in no uncertain terms, would I ever do business with them and not only that but I would see to it everyone in my neighborhood heard of their tactics. It is one thing to send a letter in the mail noting that the home appears not to have sold and listing has expired and requesting they call if still interested in selling; however, phone calls go a step too far and calling relatives is over the limit. If you can't find my phone number, there is a reason. Do not attempt to circumvent that reason.
I hear ya, and I would be pissed if someone called me if my house did sell, but the agents in my office that call as soon as the listing expires are the top producers, so not everyone feels the same as you do. I'm more of a letter in the mail, or a knock on the door, but many times I'm told "Oh I already spoke to Fred this morning, and signed paperwork!" So that's why agents do it. Cause it works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or