U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 01:37 PM

7,321 posts, read 2,144,022 times

Advertisements

I vote invest in REIT?

what's the difference between the reit fee and the condo HOA fee to an investor? both are the cost of doing business
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 01:12 PM

2,454 posts, read 2,397,661 times
I also enjoyed the thread and got some laughs. I have investments in the market (thanks to my parents) and own a rental townhome I rent out. I also have an index fund of Reits that was mentioned above. One thing I will say is I know very little maintenance and repair type work, but I know people that do the work for me at a good price on my rental.
I can only say I would balance and diversify between real estate and the market. Some argue that real estate is not a good investment like stocks and bonds are. I believe they are both good and can both crash. I see nothing wrong with owning one rental property, more than that would be too much for me. You also have the option just to invest in the market , but put some investment in the Reit fund (real estate investment fund), and this would be your real estate investment (mostly commercial real estate).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate