U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 08:17 AM

1,531 posts, read 564,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Some people do. Some don't.
But, if I as a seller come back to you with a counter that is $1000 more than you offered on a property that fits your needs very nicely, you would always walk away without further consideration because you never offer less than your maximum?

I have worked with plenty of buyers who were surprised when they didn't get a response from sellers asking for one final shot at it. It is all part of buyer education.
It really depends on the market. I have a family member who is looking for a home where someone posted an article on here about a home that for $700K over asking. Typically homes go for $100-200K over asking. My family member has been looking for over a year and lost a home she wanted for only $10K. If she had been asked to come back with another offer, I think she would have been happy to bid another $11K because it was pretty much everything she wanted in a home. For other homes, shes been outbid by $50-100K. Im in a pretty slow market, so if I get rejected, I would just move onto another home to avoid risking overpaying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate