Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2017, 04:32 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,117,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
Not to mention I feel it's a security issue. You're letting complete strangers in your home with no recourse if something was to happen such as an assault or if someone robs you after the viewing.
Well he said this....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2017, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
.. Oh and there will be no assaults or robberies as 17 rounds of lead will be ready to go.
And I said the above

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet"

James Mattis

Old 12-19-2017, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamingTX View Post
Almost all of your posts.

You have a very narrow view of the process, you’re highly defensive and bandying about your “17 rounds of lead” as a badge of honor. You’d be a ****show of a seller to deal with.

As a buyer, I’ll only deal with all that to save 4-5%. If not, I’ll buy the professionally represented property that won’t have the trigger happy douche following me around at every showing and inspection.
Pfffffft....oh they'll be no following people around.....there won't be any need to do that

Old 12-19-2017, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
My opinion is that FSBO sellers are generally trying to beat the system.

For the most part, they have no idea what they are doing and are trying to squeeze every last penny as profit. A house is the biggest investment many of us will make and I don't trust my money going to someone trying to hack and guess their way through the process.

I also don't like paying the normal real estate costs, but at least my money is going to a professional and not just to some FSBO's bottom line. Then I feel like someone is making sure things are processed correctly and they're in my corner looking out for my interests during the transaction.

Good luck in your home search!

Maybe some are like that. And some are reasonable.

Old 12-19-2017, 05:46 AM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times
Quote:
And I said the above

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet"

James Mattis
Are you suggesting you follow prospective buyers around with a loaded gun?

Old 12-19-2017, 06:55 AM

9,285 posts, read 14,892,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigW View Post
I wasn't suggesting that all FSBOs will sell for less, only that some buyers will approach the situation with the intent of keeping the real estate commission savings for themselves. Being forewarned is being forearmed.
Your point? Better to give a big commission to a middle man?

Old 12-19-2017, 07:01 AM

9,285 posts, read 14,892,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post

I also don't like paying the normal real estate costs, but at least my money is going to a professional and not just to some FSBO's bottom line. Then I feel like someone is making sure things are processed correctly and they're in my corner looking out for my interests during the transaction.
How sweetly naive. I've been a realtor and I can tell you that this is a fantasy. All realtors have to make a sale and the higher the sale price the more money they make. The only way you might get a real buyer's agent would be pay them a straight flat fee. Like I'll pay you $2500 to get me the best deal you can regardless of final price.

The one who is supposed to look out for your interest is your attorney and I bring an attorney to all closings.
They don't usually do a whole lot either but they're there for insurance purposes.

Old 12-19-2017, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Are you suggesting you follow prospective buyers around with a loaded gun?

Old 12-19-2017, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
How sweetly naive. I've been a realtor and I can tell you that this is a fantasy. All realtors have to make a sale and the higher the sale price the more money they make. The only way you might get a real buyer's agent would be pay them a straight flat fee. Like I'll pay you $2500 to get me the best deal you can regardless of final price.

The one who is supposed to look out for your interest is your attorney and I bring an attorney to all closings.
They don't usually do a whole lot either but they're there for insurance purposes.

Old 12-19-2017, 07:08 AM

1,663 posts, read 1,577,960 times
Quote:
That is literally the perception you are giving. As I stated before, the only way I’d deal with an FSBO who is as obviously going to be unreasonable would be at a significant discount, which will only harm your intent of getting the most possible for your home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate