U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 07:14 PM

1,118 posts, read 1,422,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robino1 View Post
My house is still an undeveloped lot.

It's been a year since it was built.
Same with mine....and I'm about to hit the 3rd anniversary of when we built our house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2018, 12:24 AM

5,871 posts, read 2,342,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
It really points out another facet to Z's lack of ethics.

Transparency would seem to require equal presentation of data without favoritism.

Of course, calling pop appraisals "data" is a huge stretch.
Did you really think Zillow was going to shell out $500 a house for an “appraisal”? There buisness model was intended to break up the little cartels local areas had going on, and they are doing it to some extent.

Old 01-18-2018, 07:22 AM

5,564 posts, read 4,044,724 times
Owners should be permitted to easily and without consequences opt out of Zillow. “Listing” my home without permission is not OK with me. If I decide to sell, I expect to be presented with and sign off on all the details of my property so I know they are complete and accurate. Zillow has no right to images or information (wildly inaccurate no less) on my property.

Old 01-18-2018, 07:42 AM

31,031 posts, read 54,315,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Owners should be permitted to easily and without consequences opt out of Zillow. “Listing” my home without permission is not OK with me. If I decide to sell, I expect to be presented with and sign off on all the details of my property so I know they are complete and accurate. Zillow has no right to images or information (wildly inaccurate no less) on my property.
Of course, by law, pop appraisals should be done and displayed publicly only on an "opt-in" basis.
I just repeated that very reasonable concept and had Z ethics slammed back into my face again yesterday:

Mike Jaquish
Jan 16, 2:11 AM PST
This is a follow-up to your previous request #3608848 "Zestimate removal"
I would like to re-submit my request to have your Zestimate for my personal home removed, similarly to the “certain treatment” offered to a few chosen brokerages.
Zillow Home ID: 6533807
Thanks!
My personal home is:
109 Saint Lazare Drive, Cary NC 27513.
https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...omePageTab=buy
I would like to have your Zestimate for the property removed from Zillow, or removed from public view on Zillow.
Mike Jaquish, REALTOR®
919-880-2769
Realty Arts – Mike Jaquish 919-880-2769
Mike@MikeJaquish.com

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 5:12 PM
To: Mike Jaquish <Mike@mikejaquish.com>
Subject: [Zillow Help Center] Re: Zestimate removal

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Your request (4537659) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.

Jerrod B (Zillow Help Center)
Jan 17, 2:11 PM PST
Hi Mike,

Thank you for contacting Zillow Group.

My name is Jerrod and I'm happy to help you today. I'm sorry we are having troubles with your Zestimate. Our Zestimate is an unbiased algorithm that is based on publicly available and user-submitted data. This is not meant to replace an evaluation by a professional. We do not remove Zestimates on an individual basis. The best way to change the Zestimate is to make sure the home details are accurate. Once this is updated, the Zestimate will be triggered to eventually update.

While we monitor client feedback for systematic issues with the algorithm, we do not change individual Zestimates in response to customer feedback. We understand however, that some homes may be unique in ways that are not well captured by existing data. I have included a link to our information page detailing more about Zestimates for your reference:

http://www.zillow.com/zestimate/

In addition, you can add an agent comment on the Zestimate explaining your opinion as to why it may be inaccurate. You can find the "agent comment" link on the listing page directly under Zestimate Details. Please keep in the mind the comment you post here will be public.

Thanks for using Zillow Group, and enjoy the rest of your day!
Jerrod B
Agent Care Consultant
Premier Agents: 1-888-466-3501
Zillow Group
Irvine, CA
www.zillow.com/help
www.trulia.com/help

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________
Wed 1/17/2018 5:30 PM

Fun passive-aggressive corporate stuff, Jerrod.
I am not going to accept responsibility for your company’s aggressive ineptitude.

I don’t care if you fix your errors.
I never agreed to having a Zestimate published for my home.

How about you reconsider and bury it like you folks do when providing a “certain treatment” in New Jersey?

Mike Jaquish, REALTOR®
919-880-2769

What fun!!!

Last edited by MikeJaquish; 01-18-2018 at 07:56 AM..

Old 01-18-2018, 08:10 AM

146 posts, read 69,418 times
Zillow zestimates are such a misleading useless tool. They have so much info wrong on our home we bought 6 months ago. The sold price they have listed for our home is $5,798,000 and the zestimate is $5,900,000. Um....it would be nice to have money like that, but we don't. And if I did, I wouldn't be living where I live LOL!!! They also have our property taxes wrong.

Old 01-18-2018, 09:13 AM

5,574 posts, read 7,104,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
If you are in NC, the tax/sale records are public. Of course Zillow still manages to have vastly different info from that though.

Old 01-18-2018, 09:44 AM

12,085 posts, read 9,017,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surbiton View Post
I have also observed some Brokers seem to have a magic touch of getting Zestimates substantially increased in the days prior to Listing a home. A coincidence? manipulation of home facts? OR maybe a "cozy relationship with Zillow"? in other words pay them more money. It will be interesting to see how this challenge to Zestimates works out. Sooner or later Zillow is going to get busted on what is a fundamentally flawed process in imposing Zestimates and refusing all requests to correct. It also goes against ALL socially accepted principles of fair play and without any doubt does cause potential financial damage (and misery) to millions of homeowners unfortunate enough to have an inaccurate Zestimate imposed on their home.
...And, amazingly, Zillow loses money in the process.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/Z/financials?p=Z

Old 01-18-2018, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booger Branch Betty View Post
I'm not in the real estate business, but my observation is that Zillow does not differentiate between water front and non-waterfront properties, at least in the case of one of my properties. In other words, they are low-balling waterfront homes by using non-waterfront homes across the street as comparables.
So tell a prospective buyer if they wish to pay $X, there are many perfectly fine non-waterfront homeowners who would accept the offer.

Old 01-18-2018, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
I would wager money that the people upset are not on properties perched up on a hill with a mt view or on a large lake where you can fish and jet ski or on a lone piece of private property in the middle of a university etc. Its likely a run of the mill housing development.
I would take that bet.

The run of the mill housing development affords lots of data about comparables. Zestimate has a hard time with my custom homes on hand-selected homesites; there just isn't much data to feed their algorithms.

Old 01-18-2018, 11:12 AM

9,811 posts, read 9,019,431 times
All of the real estate sites give estimates these days, not just Zillow. I just shrug them off. None of them had any impact on our real estate transactions. Our buyers paid more than the estimates. It's all about the appraisal...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or