Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2018, 01:22 PM

35,057 posts, read 31,258,424 times

Advertisements

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...80H?li=BBnbfcN

Here in my local market, we have two separate housing markets really. Basically a "nice" market with quality homes above $250k or so that would be "normal suburban housing" anywhere. New construction in my area is just terribly low - and there is barely anything on the market for under $250k. Meanwhile, median household incomes are below $40k and the other half of the housing market is filled with 30+ year old junk that is mostly all original.

When will the madness end?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2018, 03:47 PM

1,528 posts, read 1,587,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...80H?li=BBnbfcN

Here in my local market, we have two separate housing markets really. Basically a "nice" market with quality homes above $250k or so that would be "normal suburban housing" anywhere. New construction in my area is just terribly low - and there is barely anything on the market for under $250k. Meanwhile, median household incomes are below $40k and the other half of the housing market is filled with 30+ year old junk that is mostly all original.

When will the madness end?
This post is difficult to follow and your point is not clear. What is 'low' about new construction? The price? The volume? The altitude? One story vs. two stories?

$250k is nothing for a free standing house on a plot of land but I don't pretend to be in touch. 30+ year old junk??? Mostly all original??? If household incomes are below 40k, what do you expect people to be living in? It's a kind market if people on very low wages can afford single family homes. At some points I've made much more than 20x that all while living in 30 year old 'junk' with everything original.

What's the point of this post?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate