U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 11:43 AM

3,081 posts, read 5,621,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I wouldn't waste time with the HOA. If someone of any age was throwing rocks at my mother (or at anyone else, for that matter), I would call the police.
I have to agree with this. This would sound more like a case of assault, no matter what age of the person throwing rocks is, and would be a police matter and not an HOA issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2018, 01:09 PM

6,720 posts, read 3,552,082 times
I'm just here to say...how horrible for your poor mother! Bless her heart.

Old 01-30-2018, 01:55 PM

15,328 posts, read 25,193,204 times
You all need to dig a little deeper. Back to another time.

What I would have your mom do is become that sweet little lady next door. She can recover all the cool things that the kids thru over the fence, maybe place them in a bag, and take them back to the neighbors home. Now she has to talk in a sweet tone.

Since it seems that they have some history she should tell the little darlings parents how wrong it is for her to get so upset about these sweet children throwing things in her yard. Let them know that she will be willing to pick up all the nice objects that have come over the fence and deliver them to the children.

If you can bake some cookies as well. Deliver those to the parents for the kids.

I bet in a month or less the problem will end.

What works is if your mom is the most annoying nice little women out there, when the kids throw something over the fence she should get it and walk over knocking on the door to return it. Talk as long as she can to these sweet people. Let them know that she will be sure to come back when the kids have thrown something else over the fence, and since your mom wants to be a nice neighbor she will spend lots of time talking to them at the door.

Old 01-30-2018, 02:03 PM

58 posts, read 3,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
Security camera is a good idea. Call the police if it becomes dangerous or real harassment. Sad for your mom and she shouldn't have to put up with it.
Exactly! Any of this continues as it did with my previous neighbors...call the police! I had a dog that barked a very friendly bark to try to get the neighbors to come by the fence sometimes - but for some reason they had an issue with this and would throw their trash at my dog. I tried to be nice about it by talking to them and they said they weren't doing it. I would watch them throwing it over through the window! Had to call the police.

Old 01-30-2018, 02:23 PM

3,403 posts, read 6,564,392 times
Video the brats throwing stuff and ridiculing.

Children and Family Services needs to be contacted.

Old 01-30-2018, 02:32 PM

4,985 posts, read 6,089,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
I fail to see why the HOA is even a party to this, unless throwing rocks over the wall is discussed in the covenants.
Most HOAs have a general nuisance clause.

I agree with the others about the camera. They are inexpensive now, and I think you can even rent them. Place them so her yard is clearly visible. Next time it happens, call the police right away. When they arrive, tell them what happened and show them the film.

Old 01-30-2018, 02:40 PM

524 posts, read 249,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Report this https://www.caregiver.org/adult-prot...buse-hotline-1

Gads, I miss the days when you could march over and talk to the parents and it would be stopped immediately.
Yup. These days the parents are most likely already aware, if not joining right on in with the kiddies.

OP please go to the police with this nonsense. This is beyond the scope of the HOA and they clearly not capable of handling this anyway. These brats are assaulting your mother, in her own home!

Old 01-30-2018, 02:47 PM

524 posts, read 249,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
You all need to dig a little deeper. Back to another time.

What I would have your mom do is become that sweet little lady next door. She can recover all the cool things that the kids thru over the fence, maybe place them in a bag, and take them back to the neighbors home. Now she has to talk in a sweet tone.

Since it seems that they have some history she should tell the little darlings parents how wrong it is for her to get so upset about these sweet children throwing things in her yard. Let them know that she will be willing to pick up all the nice objects that have come over the fence and deliver them to the children.

If you can bake some cookies as well. Deliver those to the parents for the kids.

I bet in a month or less the problem will end.
You can't possibly be suggesting that OP's mother bake cookies for children that are throwing things at her?

Old 01-30-2018, 02:52 PM

3,403 posts, read 6,564,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janet bubby View Post
You can't possibly be suggesting that OP's mother bake cookies for children that are throwing things at her?
Apparently. I didn't see any sarcasm tossed around there.

That would only invite MORE abuse, it would tell the perps in very clear language that "I'm a patsy, keep abusing me, escalate soon please!"

Old 01-30-2018, 02:57 PM

2,042 posts, read 653,643 times
One thing to consider is if you file police reports, and later decide to sell, those reports will be visible to any potential buyers. Since these people are classic A holes, this abuse may escalate to where moving is the only recourse. Your neighbors are growing a crop of kids just like them, which is scary. Your poor mom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or