U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 03:00 PM

6,934 posts, read 3,017,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams_aj View Post
it's assault and battery. Send them a registered letter asking them to cease and desist. If it continues, contact Child Protective Services and the police with video evidence.
Best answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2018, 03:01 PM

2,646 posts, read 5,973,883 times
Default hmmm...

If they hit her w/anything it is an assault...why don't you just freakin' call the cops and file a report?
K

Old 01-30-2018, 03:11 PM

2,217 posts, read 756,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adams_aj
it's assault and battery. Send them a registered letter asking them to cease and desist. If it continues, contact Child Protective Services and the police with video evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Best answer.
Having a lawyer send it is even better .

Old 01-30-2018, 03:14 PM

15,372 posts, read 25,586,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janet bubby View Post
You can't possibly be suggesting that OP's mother bake cookies for children that are throwing things at her?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Apparently. I didn't see any sarcasm tossed around there.

That would only invite MORE abuse, it would tell the perps in very clear language that "I'm a patsy, keep abusing me, escalate soon please!"
Yes I am saying that. Everyone is saying to fight these people. That is exactly what they are looking for.

What no one wants is an annoyingly nice neighbor. They will get tired of her in no time. The parents will take care of this in no time because they won't want the nice neighbor coming over.

Oh and I would come over at all times, early in the morning on a Saturday, Sunday evening, during the Superbowl, any time to be as annoying as ever. Always be nice though.

You kill these people with kindness and they will go away.

Old 01-30-2018, 03:21 PM

1,441 posts, read 466,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
The HOA can't and shouldn't be law enforcement.

I think you need evidence, video evidence... and then police reports.
This! You already have it reported where you live. Install cameras and film it. Parents are responsible for the willful misconduct of their child(ren).

Move your Mom to a 55+ community. This kind of stuff never/hardly ever happens in those communities.

Old 01-30-2018, 03:36 PM

7,695 posts, read 12,848,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Yes I am saying that. Everyone is saying to fight these people. That is exactly what they are looking for.

What no one wants is an annoyingly nice neighbor. They will get tired of her in no time. The parents will take care of this in no time because they won't want the nice neighbor coming over.

Oh and I would come over at all times, early in the morning on a Saturday, Sunday evening, during the Superbowl, any time to be as annoying as ever. Always be nice though.

I see the wisdom in this approach...Sometimes you catch more flies with honey than vinegar my granny used to say. Asking the kids to help her with something could result in some new little friends.

Old 01-30-2018, 03:55 PM

5,165 posts, read 2,395,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post

That’s a nice thought, but in today’s world, that will not happen. She will be perceived as soft & weak & they will increase their aggression. As those “kids” grow into teenagers, it will get worse. The parents know what the kids are doing and they are not correcting it...that gives an indication as to how they will respond now & in the future.

I feel for the OP’s mom, I really do...I saw the same thing happen in my old neighborhood. If the neighbors are owners, the only thing her mom can do is pray that they get foreclosed on & move, or move herself, because she is outnumbered with no backup, unless there is exceptional LE in her area who will help her & stay on it...which is doubtful.

Old 01-30-2018, 04:03 PM

7,695 posts, read 12,848,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
That’s a nice thought, but in today’s world, that will not happen. She will be perceived as soft & weak & they will increase their aggression. As those “kids” grow into teenagers, it will get worse.
You are only guessing like everyone else.

Old 01-30-2018, 04:07 PM

5,165 posts, read 2,395,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
You are only guessing like everyone else.
LOL, that was certainly constructive & helpful!

I don’t live in Disneyland, & it’s not 1957.

Old 01-30-2018, 04:15 PM

32,801 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
I do not know where this silliness is coming from. You can film anything you want from public property or your own property. And there is no law against filming kids particularly ones attacking your property or your person. Simply set up a camera or two that looks at your yard and theirs. Perfectly legal. And if a cop questions it call his superior or, even better, have your lawyer do it.

A kid is actually just like anyone else. Has to have a reasonable expectation of privacy before photographing violates any right. Any kid throwing stuff over the wall has no such expectation.
What he said ^

I'd even go to the point of giving mom a go pro for her hat on top of recording cameras. If it were me, I'd make sure they knew I was all over it too. This is AZ and carrying a firearm is legal in case the dad wants to be a douche nozzle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or