U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 02:21 PM

3,119 posts, read 5,745,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by homenj View Post
Same thing happened with my mom. She ended up just buying them sweets and they stopped.
Were those treats laced with anything special ???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2018, 02:22 PM

974 posts, read 279,560 times
I had to wait for an appt at my house so I turned on tv and there was a show on ID called Fear Thy Neighbor. A crazy couple was sort of terrorizing their neighborhood...and really terrorizing their next door neighbors. Turned out it was discovered the troublemakers were psychologically way off and their child wound up in foster care. But, before that, the nice neighbor husband wound up, after yet another barrage from the bad neighbors, killing the husband and wife right in the driveway.

Their attacks were throwing things...but in this case things like feces...and yelling, hours of hitting their deck rail, things to drive people crazy.

The nice neighbor was in his 60s and was in prison on two counts for killing them. I would have thought he could get off on some sort of charge with a lesser sentence for being driven to this by the neighbors.

At any rate, I do know areas where the peacekeeping officers do not (don't have time/whatever) keep the peace. I know someone living in a HOA where a board member kept poking her (yes a female), trying to get her to back up so she'd fall off the deck they were on. He was mad she had brought up a topic at the meeting he was involved in. She called the police about a restraining order. The board member had done this with someone else whom he actually pushed. The guy has lifelong consequences. But the police would not work on a restraining order. So the woman mentioned the guy has stated he does get in trouble but has good lawyers so he always gets off. She said she was concerned because of the arsenal in this guy's basement. That made their ears perk up but still no restraining order. They did ask where the guy lived at least.

My suggestion would be the camera idea. Then the police. Maybe the media...newspapers, old school first so it's another party reporting.

The candy idea is really not a bad idea to add. Maybe they'll start to see her in a different light. And, obviously, there's something wrong with the parents so maybe some of the kids will see their parents eventually for what they are.

Old 01-31-2018, 02:54 PM

7,695 posts, read 12,838,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homenj View Post
Same thing happened with my mom. She ended up just buying them sweets and they stopped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
May have literally killed them with kindness !!

Old 01-31-2018, 02:56 PM

2,215 posts, read 753,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
Like in the old classic "Arsenic, and old lace",

Old 01-31-2018, 03:06 PM

12,305 posts, read 10,044,600 times
She have a smartphone? She should take a video of the incidents as they happen. If someone was throwing something at me and wouldn't stop, I'd call the police. Forget the HOA board.

Old 01-31-2018, 03:14 PM

588 posts, read 121,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC
I think she needs to get a security camera that can capture the kids throwing rocks at her, if they are continuing to do that.

It's kind of unclear what the HOA is stating here. Are they stating they will both be treated as troublesome and argumentative, and the HOA board will consider what sanctions to take against them both? Or are they planning to help mediate and reach a peaceable solution?
Those brats are lucky I dont live anywhere near them!!!

If I saw them doing that to her,BELIEVE YOU ME IT WOULD STOP QUICKLY!!!

Poor lady

Old 01-31-2018, 03:32 PM

16,471 posts, read 15,905,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
How old is Mom? Is she feeble or incredibly shy?

How old are the kids? Are they elementary age, middle school, teens?

The response really depends on the above. I’m close to 70 and if these kids were not in high school I would do a combination of talking to the parents and kids, getting a fence they can’t see me through, getting a lawyer to send parents a cease and desist letter, filing a complaint with the police. Getting a camera and posting a video surveilance warning they could see.

I might even go as far as talk to the school principal because this “bullying” behavior may flow into other areas and I might make want to enlighten the school that these kids are a potential danger to other kids.
Good questions.

And, it may help to talk with school. It may not, but it might, especially if it turns out that the children are problems at school, too. You may not find out what happens but talking to the principal or guidance counselor may get help for the kids to improve their behavior.

Old 01-31-2018, 03:49 PM

7,695 posts, read 12,838,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
Good questions.

And, it may help to talk with school. It may not, but it might, especially if it turns out that the children are problems at school, too. You may not find out what happens but talking to the principal or guidance counselor may get help for the kids to improve their behavior.
I highly doubt the school wants to be involved with this type thing.
It just is not school related in any way.

Old 01-31-2018, 04:04 PM

13,103 posts, read 17,634,355 times
three words video camera , threaten them and then make them move . cause if that was my mom someone's behind would be sore . where are the parents ? probably smoking weed or crack in the bedroom . tell them that if this does not stop you have it on video and you will give a copy to each board member and guess what the hoa board will make them move when I got through with that hoa board .

Old 01-31-2018, 04:11 PM

2,215 posts, read 753,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
three words video camera , threaten them and then make them move . cause if that was my mom someone's behind would be sore . where are the parents ? probably smoking weed or crack in the bedroom . tell them that if this does not stop you have it on video and you will give a copy to each board member and guess what the hoa board will make them move when I got through with that hoa board .

Don't blame this on weed. It's not the problem, sorry. The culprits are the parents, fair, and square.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or