Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 04:28 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,069,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
Don't blame this on weed. It's not the problem, sorry. The culprits are the parents, fair, and square.
you misunderstood what I was saying . I was saying the parents were too busy smoking weed to know where their kids are going and not watching them . Yeah It would def stop if I lived there . when I first moved in here these two kids thought they were going to ride their bikes in my front yard . I put a stop to that right quick . and I also told their parents I have a policy first time I go speak with the parents , 2nd time I let the police deal with it . 3rd time there had better not be a third time . I never allowed my kids to be a pain to the neighbors and I wont stand for someone elses kids being a pain to me ...obviously these kids have no home training nor any parental supervision . the op s mom could also get cps involved as well since the parents must need a course in parenting .

Last edited by phonelady61; 01-31-2018 at 04:30 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2018, 05:03 PM

4,168 posts, read 2,565,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
you misunderstood what I was saying . I was saying the parents were too busy smoking weed to know where their kids are going and not watching them . Yeah It would def stop if I lived there . when I first moved in here these two kids thought they were going to ride their bikes in my front yard . I put a stop to that right quick . and I also told their parents I have a policy first time I go speak with the parents , 2nd time I let the police deal with it . 3rd time there had better not be a third time . I never allowed my kids to be a pain to the neighbors and I wont stand for someone elses kids being a pain to me ...obviously these kids have no home training nor any parental supervision . the op s mom could also get cps involved as well since the parents must need a course in parenting .
I didn't misunderstand you at all .

Old 01-31-2018, 07:20 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,008,763 times
Have her set up surveillance cameras around the area where the kids are throwing things.Bet that mess stops real quick.

Old 01-31-2018, 08:31 PM

11,583 posts, read 6,728,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
The HOA can't and shouldn't be law enforcement.

I think you need evidence, video evidence... and then police reports.

+1

The HOA has absolutely nothing to do with neighbor disputes. Call the police due to neighbors throwing crap in your yard and won't stop. It's littering.

Old 02-01-2018, 07:15 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,827,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I think she needs to get a security camera that can capture the kids throwing rocks at her, if they are continuing to do that.

It's kind of unclear what the HOA is stating here. Are they stating they will both be treated as troublesome and argumentative, and the HOA board will consider what sanctions to take against them both? Or are they planning to help mediate and reach a peaceable solution?
We lived in neighborhood in DFW area of TX for more than 25 yrs before moving
The house across the street from us changed hands several times during our stay
At one point the people owning the house were really trashy
The man was divorced and had his adult sons living w/ him
One of them apparently sold drugs
They had very loud pool/outdoor parties that were annoying to neighbors behind and beside and well as taking up lot of the street w/cars parked for 24 hrs at a time because people were too drunk/stoned to go home
It was a great neighborhood until those people showed up...

POLICE were called numerous times because of the noise and suspected drug use
Our HOA was created at time of subdivision as VOLUNTARY and thus our restrictions and oversight by the Board were not as strict as newer HOAs with mandatory CCR...
BUT our city had rules about noise levels and other issues
Those people after they were reported to police and had police come out would throw rocks and beer cans and other things into the yards of the people behind/beside them because they knew they were the ones who reported them---

They finally sold/moved after one of the sons assaulted a police officer who came to the house because of a loud noise complaint at like 3AM--the son was drunk/stoned and came outside the house to push the LEO's chest---easy peasy--assaulting an officer...then his also stoned girlfriend came out to do the same thing

I think the HOA is not the people to be talking to --
Your mother needs to talk to the local police, find out what her options are, and if she can film some of this harassment before calling the police as evidence that would be to her benefit

Old 02-01-2018, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
+1

The HOA has absolutely nothing to do with neighbor disputes. Call the police due to neighbors throwing crap in your yard and won't stop. It's littering.
I think "littering" is on public access land
I think what they are doing is harassment but that is why she needs to contact the local police
And I hope it is a city enforcement not county which is likely more lenient

And I wonder what would happen if she reported the parents who obviously have little interest in supervising their children to social service - anonymously---

Old 02-01-2018, 08:17 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,069,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I think "littering" is on public access land
I think what they are doing is harassment but that is why she needs to contact the local police
And I hope it is a city enforcement not county which is likely more lenient

And I wonder what would happen if she reported the parents who obviously have little interest in supervising their children to social service - anonymously---

Here here yes that is another option get cps involved because these parents definitely need parenting courses on how to make their kids behaved but if they are stoned all the time that course wont be of much use I'm sorry to say but yes police and cps and video evidence are highly needed in this case amen .

Old 02-01-2018, 08:21 AM

If they are "stoned" all the time that in itself is cause for investigation
If they are heavy, indiscriminant users the kids could be getting second hand exposure

Old 02-01-2018, 08:42 AM

4,168 posts, read 2,565,139 times
Quote:
If they are "stoned" all the time that in itself is cause for investigation
If they are heavy, indiscriminant users the kids could be getting second hand exposure
MJ does NOT make someone a bad parent. That issue would be there no matter if they smoked, or not. There are many, many responsible, industrious, hard working, and kind people who smoke mj. Enough with the "Reefer Madness" faulty logic. Please remember that medical mj is legal in the following states. And recreational mj is legal in others. Thank you for becoming aware.

Legal Issues

Please click on your state in the above link to learn more about your current laws.

-------------------------------

Old 02-01-2018, 09:55 AM

10,988 posts, read 20,554,439 times
Quote:
I think the HOA is not the people to be talking to --
Your mother needs to talk to the local police, find out what her options are, and if she can film some of this harassment before calling the police as evidence that would be to her benefit
I agree. Also she should consider talking to a local attorney, many offer a first consult for free. The police do not prepare a restraining order, that is typically done by an attorney and presented to a judge.

Don't discuss this issue with the school.

Don't try to diagnose those kids, focus on their behavior toward your mother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate