U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 06:55 AM

1,072 posts, read 404,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
"Hate" is such an overdone life design.
That I can agree on!

I guess I've lived in too many places with very limited housing inventory comprised of mainly old homes and loads of compromises for various reasons - e.g. rules for historic listed homes, building practicalities for old homes, practicalities of awkward urban footprints, etc. Even big budgets don't seem to relieve me the need to compromise in all kinds of ways.

I've had to learn not to go in 'HATING' things. Either I'd be homeless or I'd have a rough life living with so much hate in my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 04:02 PM

976 posts, read 971,394 times
back when beige was the trend, everything looked like dirt and diarrhea.
It was overwhelming. People picked nasty adobe brown colors.

people thought white paint made the home look like a mental hospital.
Renters would ask me if they could paint the walls. I said no. WTF is wrong with white?

To these people, I tell them to hang pictures on the wall and decorate. I never understood why people hate white. It matches everything, and provides for the best blank canvas. and it's timeless.

Trends are for sheep.

Old Today, 08:19 AM

2,503 posts, read 2,524,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
back when beige was the trend, everything looked like dirt and diarrhea.
It was overwhelming. People picked nasty adobe brown colors.

people thought white paint made the home look like a mental hospital.
Renters would ask me if they could paint the walls. I said no. WTF is wrong with white?

To these people, I tell them to hang pictures on the wall and decorate. I never understood why people hate white. It matches everything, and provides for the best blank canvas. and it's timeless.

Trends are for sheep.
I hate white. I used to have a friend who was an interior decorator. His homes were always white. He used to say, "I like color in other people's homes but, I don't want to live with it". No matter how much color my art has, hanging on a white wall, it's still just "blah" to me. I need some background color.

Old Today, 10:32 AM

7,474 posts, read 10,481,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
"Hate" is such an overdone life design.
So judgemental
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate