Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2018, 10:49 AM

8,660 posts, read 22,832,313 times

Advertisements

Okay, I know this is going to sound like a scam, but I assure everyone, it most certainly is not. This is the situation..........I have buyers from China purchasing from local builders in the Orlando area. Their money is here, in the US.......home is about finished, should be done soon. They cannot make it back to the US for closing, so they need someone to act on their behalf by Power of Attorney. Anyone involved in the transaction is a conflict of interest. I tried a Certified Closer service, they shot me down.

My initial thought was a Realtor, possibly a member of AREAA, but translation is not required, the borrowers will have had the docs in advance and translated on their end, but they may be more comfortable with someone that they can communicate with - We can even set up the POA to talk to the borrower via We Chat. These are approved buyers, ready to close (and a chunk of money down). I tried to access the AREAA local directory, but it is not available online.

FWIW, we already have two purchase transactions requiring this service and two more (also from China) coming on board in the near future. This could be a regular opportunity for someone.

While typing this, I just had a duh <smacks forehead> moment and realized a RE Attorney may be a good choice..........but in reality, we just need someone dependable that has photo ID.

Is anyone on CD Real Estate in the Orlando area?

Ideas appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2018, 11:13 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,630,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
I have buyers from China purchasing from local builders in the Orlando area.
Their money is here, in the US.......home is about finished, should be done soon.

They cannot make it back to the US for closing,
so they need someone to act on their behalf by Power of Attorney.

Ideas appreciated.
An actual attorney.
In Orlando

Old 02-08-2018, 12:28 PM

32,539 posts, read 47,631,897 times
Use an attorney. You do not give a power of attorney to a complete stranger. Whoever you use has to be bonded, insured, and with a long history of reliability.

Money gets wired directly to the escrow company. Or whatever is used for the escrow in Florida.

Old 02-08-2018, 06:43 PM

8,660 posts, read 22,832,313 times
That's what i have suggested, they aren't hearing me. Looks like we are closing in the US Embassy..

Old 02-10-2018, 08:55 PM

4,248 posts, read 3,692,903 times
Just get an attorney. I'm sure there are a couple real estate attorneys in Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate