Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 01:11 PM

395 posts, read 490,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
As a real estate AGENT (NOT a broker) I know better than to do anything as silly as guaranteeing next years value on a particular property. Apparently you don't feel the need to be that cautious. Have fun.
oh ok...u feel whatever she buys now in florida will increase in 5% by next year huh? dream on...how is the real estate market in nj right now? how are u eating? are u having any ramen noodle for dinner tonite?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2008, 01:21 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,936,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentnyc View Post
oh ok...u feel whatever she buys now in florida will increase in 5% by next year huh? dream on...how is the real estate market in nj right now? how are u eating? are u eating any ramen noodle for dinner tonite?
Is it a habit of yours to pretend that someone said something which they in fact never said? What I said was that I was not going to "GUARANTEE", as you did, anything about the price of real estate next year. Would you please explain to me, and anyone else bothering to read this, how you translated that to mean that I thought the price of real estate was going up?
And the real estate market in NJ is fine right now, if looked at from the proper perspective. Buyers are having fun, shoppping to their hearts contnet, choosing from among several properties that meet their needs. Sellers aren't loving that, but if they really need to sell, they hire a good real estate agent, who will do significant marketing, they price it properly, and they sell.
How am I eating? Some would say a little too well. Not much ramen noodle on my plate. I have a weakness for italian pastry & Russian River Valley Zin. Which is why I have to spend two nights a week at the gym playing racquetball.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
...If he waits a year to buy, and prices have increased by 5%, will you pay him the difference?
there is your 5% increase.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:28 PM

Quote:
there is your 5% increase.
Did ya see the word IF in there with it? It was a supposition, a question, a hypothetical. Not a prediction.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:51 PM

bill: since u think u know more than me about florida real estate market...maybe u can help out this person who list their 4 br, 2.5 baths, a pool, a backyard for $235k and has been on the market for more than 1 yr. maybe u could help him/her out so they can sell this dump since u r a real estate agent?

On market for 1 yr, whats wrong-please help?

Old 03-25-2008, 02:45 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,395,703 times
I'm participating on that thread, and if you'd been reading it, rather than just the subject line, you'd see the reasons that the house has been on the market that have nothing to do with the overall market and pretty much everything to do with how it's being marketed - things that would make it stay on the market a long time in ANY market. So how is that relevant? It certainly doesn't support the point you appear to be trying to make.

Old 03-25-2008, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
I'm participating on that thread, and if you'd been reading it, rather than just the subject line, you'd see the reasons that the house has been on the market that have nothing to do with the overall market and pretty much everything to do with how it's being marketed - things that would make it stay on the market a long time in ANY market. So how is that relevant? It certainly doesn't support the point you appear to be trying to make.
right...only 2 showings in 1 yrs? yes it has everything to do with the bad housing market, especially in florida...the #2 in foreclosures in the nation. it doesn't matter how pretty your house looks, as long as you r in florida, u got a dump and no one wants to buy anything there for the next 5-10 yrs. go check out some condo prices in miami and compare it to last years prices.

Last edited by vincentnyc; 03-25-2008 at 02:59 PM..

Old 03-25-2008, 02:53 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,395,703 times
But the thread you linked to doesn't support this, because the house has other issues - pricing, location, marketing problems - that in and of themselves explain the time on the market AND the lack of showings. For example, if you don't have good photos on the internet, these days, folks aren't likely to choose your house over others that DO have good, enticing photos to be one of the ones they want to go see, and this applies no matter what your market is.

I know you really want to prove your point, but that thread isn't the way to do it, I'm afraid.

Old 03-25-2008, 02:58 PM

look texashorselady....here in nyc...some of the ppl who posts their property on craigslist w/o photo have alot of showing every weekend. it just the bad housing market in florida...that's all...it just the way it is. u may not like or op may not like it, but that is just the facts of life.

Old 03-25-2008, 03:01 PM

Quote:
bill: since u think u know more than me about florida real estate market...maybe u can help out this person who list their 4 br, 2.5 baths, a pool, a backyard for $235k and has been on the market for more than 1 yr. maybe u could help him/her out so they can sell this dump since u r a real estate agent?

On market for 1 yr, whats wrong-please help?
Again you credit me with saying something I never said. I did not, nor do I now, claim to know anything about the Florida real estate market. Please stop attributing things to me that I never said or even suggested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate