U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 05:42 AM

582 posts, read 184,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Make sure you ask "the kids" what THEY WANT you to do. Not what your wife wants .... or what YOU want. What they want. It's their house.

Sounds like a good time, can't wait to hear how it goes
That's what I mean. She talks to her son, then tells me. Oma and Grandpa Jim going to see Princess Claire is usually a good time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2018, 06:48 AM

3,188 posts, read 1,849,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG2 View Post
Tractor Supply for enough permethrin to kill every tick on the property 5 times over, .....
I sure hope there aren't any cats in the vicinity.

Old 04-21-2018, 07:24 AM

1,511 posts, read 563,734 times
Quote:
I dunno, would you want your barefoot 2-1/2 year old playing in moss? Not going to hurt you but not the classic lush lawn to show off your new house to out of state relatives visiting for a picnic. 3.2 acres of ticks to contend with that I don't think he even thought about. They are on prime tick habitat. I don't want my granddaughter to contract Lyme disease before her 3rd birthday. Lyme is epidemic in CT. I treat my clothing before going into my urban garden and my dog comes back with ticks crawling on him.
Not your granddaughter. Step-granddaughter.

Lighten the hell up, before it’s your ex’s son’s kid.

Seriously? You think they have to have a classic lush lawn? Show off for relatives?

Old 04-21-2018, 07:29 AM

1,511 posts, read 563,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
Are they sure the machines werenít designed to stack with the same orientation as the toilet? Or switching the washer with the dryer and getting longer hoses/vents? I see no reason that the washer needs to have the door face the toilet. I had a similar issue with having a set that seemed too big for a space and was able to get a stacking kit to make it work.
Almost every washer and dryer manufactured in the last 15 years has reversible doors.

Old 04-21-2018, 08:03 AM

3,624 posts, read 6,756,846 times
Quote:
Hope the DIL doesn't blow up on stepson almost in front of us like our last visit.....
I think this line tells us A LOT about the overall relationships involved.

Old 04-21-2018, 09:11 AM

3,827 posts, read 2,047,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamingTX View Post
Lighten the hell up, before itís your exís sonís kid.
This.

Old 04-21-2018, 09:31 AM

3,749 posts, read 2,903,476 times
I have never in my life read anyone that is a bigger problem inventer and non problem solver than you are. You must have to work really hard to find so much to complain about. They bought a used washer that isnt working? Sell it and buy a top loader. Geez, that had to be tough for an engineer to figure out.

No room for a chicken coop? Are you nuts? Theres room for 3 coops if they want them.

What is your problem with the moss? It grows there, its pretty. Maybe they dont care to have a grass lawn that is nothing but a waste of time and energy and money to take care of. WHY DO YOU CARE????

Good lord they have to be grateful to be so far away from you now. I would never have anyone like you in my life. What a negative person you are. Thank god your stepson isnt like you.

Old 04-26-2018, 09:21 AM

Nothing to report......I never made the trip Sunday because I had chores and stuff. She drove the hour to find out that her son drew an OT shift at the submarine plant and he never refuses OT. So Oma saw the 2.5 year old and the daughter inlaw, and left when it seemed the DIL was wondering if Oma was ever going to leave....LOL. When it's an hour drive, you don't visit and only stay an hour, right..... Polish Festival in OUR town this Sunday, hope they drive to US this time. But Oma can't move too far with her cane and I'm still trying to find out HC parking information. It's a street festival and the entire street gets shut down and parking is generally where you find it.

Old 04-26-2018, 09:45 AM

3,827 posts, read 2,047,976 times
Thanks for checking in, Jim.... we'll stay tuned.

Old 04-26-2018, 10:21 AM

Read my new post.....please DH, thoughts and ideas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or