Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2018, 07:06 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG2 View Post
Yeah, I'm a pessimist on this, but I think rightly so. I will just show up with my painting clothes if he has any money left for paint after the closing.
That's the spirit.

Celebrate their successes.

Sympathize with their setbacks.

Help with the painting and moving,

Enjoy the grandbabies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2018, 08:35 AM

898 posts, read 597,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
That's the spirit.

Celebrate their successes.

Sympathize with their setbacks.

Help with the painting and moving,

Enjoy the grandbabies.
Sarcasm?

I have over 30 years life experience on them. So do all of the biological parents, although I'd take her parent's advice with a grain of salt as she does not know all of her 7 or 8(I forget the actual count) half siblings and she used to work at a Dunkin' with her mother who threw a coffee pot at her. . The stepson rarely asks for an opinion or advice and my wife finds out after the fact, like the couch.... But as step dad, I know my place and don't offer direct advice because it hasn't been asked for. Seen my share of divorces, couples who work different shifts and never spend appreciable time together, friends who've been foreclosed on due to divorce or over extending themselves....The odds are not in their favor. But I have my fingers crossed.

Always willing to help, but will be a little odd if on moving day if I'm working side by side with wife's ex and her not there because she is working.... nice enough guy now that he's in AA (reason for their divorce and that he let their house get foreclosed).

Grandbaby.....singular. hope they keep it that way for a few more years. 3 daughters between us mine 25&22, neither in a relationship at the moment, and hers is 20 and finally has a steady boyfriend after several, um, girlfriends..... So might be a few more years before the next one.....hopefully a grandson this time....

Old 03-21-2018, 12:46 PM

Still no closing date and they have started packing Hope it's just odd stuff that they won't need until May

Old 03-21-2018, 01:02 PM

For their sake I hope they don't have a hard move-out date for their apartment. That could get ugly. They'd probably have to rent a couple of PODS for everything but their clothes instead of a U-Haul for a weekend, and no clue where they would sleep, with a 2-1/2 year old. We don't have room and are too far anyway. I have no status on the repairs, but the house location got about 18 inches of snow last week and maybe another foot tonight. Who knows if the seller is having it plowed for contractor access.

Old 03-21-2018, 03:21 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times
how long have you been his stepfather?

and why would you care what gender a baby is?

Old 03-21-2018, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
how long have you been his stepfather?

and why would you care what gender a baby is?
Long enough

And we are getting outnumbered. I have two daughters, wife has one, one daughter inlaw, and a beautiful 2-1/2 yo granddaughter. Need some grandsons in the mix.

Old 03-21-2018, 04:46 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG2 View Post
I have over 30 years life experience on them.
And at least that much arrogance.

I really don't understand where you get off being SO critical of them. If anything, life experience should give you a little more compassion for them.

I have learned in MY life experience that the most judgmental people actually have the least life experience, and the kindest people are the ones that have been through the most. They understand because they've been there. Frankly, it's sickening to read you almost jumping for joy at every stumbling block in their way. How small and petty.

I wouldn't bother showing up "in your painting clothes," as you keep saying, because an attitude like yours comes across whether or not you actually do keep your mouth shut. And frankly they don't sound like they need any more criticism.

Let them live and learn. You should do the same, but get off your high horse first.

Old 03-22-2018, 09:24 PM

4,676 posts, read 9,990,623 times
Well OP...... it's been updated to pending.

Sorry. I know the area very well......I'd be a wreck if they were my kids.

Old 03-26-2018, 02:16 AM

Supposedly a closing on 3/28

Old 03-26-2018, 05:16 AM

And moving in on Saturday, without even cleaning the place or painting..... I know....they are excited.... and only putting down 3.5%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate