U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 05:29 AM

18,336 posts, read 18,578,802 times

Advertisements

As said above, few people want to get rid of brand new appliances, even if they don't like them.
Price accordingly with the old ones.
(Another one that does not like stainless)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2018, 07:46 AM

10,647 posts, read 3,333,649 times
If you have old appliances I suggest getting new ones if you’re trying to sell. No one wants old appliances! And more people like stainless than not!

Old 03-12-2018, 08:21 AM

7,790 posts, read 6,149,667 times
as one of the Realtors noted, and having read the entire thread, consult with the Realtors that you'll consider hiring for the job, and see what they say. Any market hot strong enough to where you're getting numerous offers, the cosmetic condition of the home is rarely an issue. That may be your situation, but only the LOCAL experts can tell you.

Old 03-12-2018, 11:25 AM

5,155 posts, read 3,658,176 times
I wouldn't waste 10 cents on Stainless. If I bought a house with stainless steel, I'd sell it and get something else.

Old 03-12-2018, 12:12 PM

570 posts, read 223,242 times
I really love our stainless applicances but to each their own. To give perspective, we moved into a house last June that was pretty dated but we knew we would be making upgrades to the home soon after buying to meet our preferences. The previous owner had only been there for about a year but had replaced all of the windows and also provided new appliances in the kitchen. They were clearly one of the appliance package deals being all the same brand and the smudgeproof slate color. We didn't love the appliances because we prefer higher end models with more features but were happy that was one thing we did not have to replace immediately and they didn't look horrible because they were all matching and new and they looked fine with the new flooring, counters, and cabinets we installed.

That being said, a few weeks ago, we ended up finding appliances we loved in real stainless with higher end features at Lowes in the clearance section. They had ordered for display and ended up not using so marked them down drastically (saved about 50% on them!.) We felt a little bad about replacing newer appliances but we were able to sell the ones in our kitchen for quite a bit more than I expected online due to their age and new condition (used less than 1.5 years) which helped to offset the cost of the new appliances we just bought. If we had moved in to old mismatched appliances, we would have ended up replacing immediately and probably would not have been able to get the great deal we did on the appliances we wanted by waiting and watching for a deal.

Old 03-12-2018, 03:12 PM

5,073 posts, read 3,342,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merjolie8 View Post
Add me to the SS haters. I'm glad in the house we bought the appliances are black. I've never liked the look of SS and now even less when every other house have SS appliances.

I also don't like the water dispensers. We don't use ours and the ice maker broke and it's just a big space waster in the freezer.

I'd offer an allowance instead of replacing them.
Personally don't like any of them.

https://instagram.com/p/Be78CVuHJcc/

^^ My ultimate fridge for some day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or