U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 03:21 AM

3,128 posts, read 1,219,723 times

Advertisements

New owner is a sweetheart. He sends me pix of the cats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2018, 05:52 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,488 posts, read 1,792,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
New owner is a sweetheart. He sends me pix of the cats.
That is sweet! I bet you do miss them though.

Old 04-14-2018, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robino1 View Post
That is sweet! I bet you do miss them though.
There was a sound in a song the other day that sounded just like my cat's meow. I burst into tears.

Old 04-14-2018, 07:14 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,488 posts, read 1,792,183 times
Quote:
There was a sound in a song the other day that sounded just like my cat's meow. I burst into tears.
Oh damn

I know the feeling well. I'm so sorry. It is a loss in a very real sense.

Old 04-14-2018, 07:15 PM

1,563 posts, read 1,511,118 times
Quote:
I'm sorry : ( Our outdoor/indoor cat (who practically adopted us by showing up one day in my basement when I lived in North Carolina. Couldn't resist feeding him.) ran away about 3 weeks ago. We miss him too. He does have a chip which brought him back to us once last year; yet, there's so much that can happen. We still hope one day he will return to us!

Old 04-14-2018, 08:14 PM

Several years ago, we were on vacation and I saw a sign about a missing cat. I kind of got obsessed with finding that cat...and I did. That evening, our catsitter told us OUR cat had been missing for three days, but showed up that day. Karma?

Old 04-15-2018, 07:45 PM

1,691 posts, read 667,204 times
Quote:
We finally got our house listed for sale today.

Got a cash offer hours later; it was a bit low for first day, but he's willing to take our cats (and obviously loved them), and doesn't want the furnishings, which could net us a couple thousand.

It's cash, and he'll take the cats (a huge worry for us). We're sleeping on it, but I think we're going for it.

That means we have to be out of the house in 2-3 weeks, but friends will put us up for a while.

We thought it would be at least 2 months before closing. Yikes!

Not really a question, I guess, just a stunned soliloquy.

Did I mention he'll take the cats?
When we listed our home we had an offer in less than 24 hours for 5k under asking. We took the offer but the buyers backed out(super long story that I wonít bore you with) when the buyer lady went nutso with our agent. Two weeks later we had a full price offer that we accepted and closed in five weeks. Sometimes it just rolls this way.

Old 04-16-2018, 10:29 AM

8,377 posts, read 7,369,618 times
A few years ago, my single daughter get a job offer to move from Phoenix Az to Sacramento Ca. She had to move fast, so she asked me to go the Phoenix, and handle the packing and listing of the home.

I got there and she left the next morning. Got packing taken care, got home cleaned and ready to show, then listed it for price she and I agreed on, using a power of attorney.

Woman Realtor came over and did the listing and put a sign in the yard. As she left the neighbor came over with her best friend who was visiting next door. I let them see the home, and the Realtor had just gotten back to her office, as I called to have her come over and write a full price purchase contract. Got the moving company to make a pickup for moving the next day, and left for home that evening.

Quickest sale, and easiest sales that long time Realtor had ever seen. Write up the listing, drive back to office, get call to write up a contract when she had just arrived. All cash and closed the following week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or