Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 06:15 PM

22,668 posts, read 36,798,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox101 View Post
In this case your homeowners insurance would not cover this. If there is any coverage it would fall under your flood policy. It would be extremely hard and expensive to get flood insurance on this property. There is a guaranteed loss on this property of at least 200k.
That's exactly right. The HO policy covering this house is very basic, probably only covers a few perils, and flood is not one of them. Whatever the mortgage is on this house, it is covered by a flood policy. In other words, this house doesn't have a mortgage for say $700K. I think the max a flood policy pays for the structure is $250K.

My boss has a beach house here in NC. She doesn't even have an HO3 policy, can't get one. She's across the street from the ocean. I think she has wind, hail and theft. Wind has a deductible due to hurricane threat I believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate