U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 06:37 AM

9,109 posts, read 3,927,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I spent about $3,000 fixing up my little 1926 bungalow for sale - and $2,400 of that was a new roof, which was badly needed.

I fixed a few plumbing and electrical issues I'd been putting off, and replaced the kitchen floor, which I also had been putting off.

Otherwise, I cleaned, cleaned, and cleaned again.
You paid $2400 for a new roof?! Were you living in a dollhouse? I have a house that is 1176 sq. ft. and it cost me $8000 to replace the roof this past October.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2018, 07:24 AM

1,685 posts, read 768,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonHB View Post
Realtors are trying to sell something. 'Nuff said!
Yup. Photoshop and a certain amount of airbrushing have become the rule of the day, unfortunately.

I'm ok with it to a degree, but I've seen some listing photos so deceptive they've made me really angry. Last year I drove a few hours to look at one house that seemed perfect from the photos. when I got there, the walls and a few other features of the house had obviously been enhanced.

What a waste of time for everyone. I didn't buy the house, and in fact I noted the listing realtor's name and never looked at one of her properties again. Felt sorry for the seller, who had to leave so that I could view his house. Felt even sorrier for me, since I had to drive all the way there for nothing. So basically, lose-lose-lose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or