U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2018, 10:01 AM

5,859 posts, read 3,139,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
On your pic links above... I see a black screen with ONE white pixel in the middle.
That's all I see. And no pics at post 64.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2018, 10:02 AM

3,827 posts, read 2,047,976 times
Ah - that's probably it (EIL9's post above)... it's a permissions issue with the pictures.

Old 03-22-2018, 10:07 AM

1,782 posts, read 1,129,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
This sounds like a perfect and an honest approach.

OP walked the property lines and was concerned about future issues with liability insurance and adverse possession.

OP wants to avoid any such problems with insurance company and future sale and would appreciate it if they removed their shed, etc.

The dirt bike riding needs to stop. Insurance agent would have a fit if he/she knew OP was letting this go on.

Then discuss what needs to be done to restore the vegetation, including the trees, back to the previous condition.

No need to be adversarial about things, at least not at this point.

Fences, and attorneys cost money. Plenty of time for that later. It may be that the neighbors were just unaware or thought you didn't care.

Be sure to document these discussions. Who you spoke with when and what you all decided.

Then follow up.

I would definitely encourage No Trespassing signs and blocking off the bike trail.
Thanks GotHereQuickAsICould! (I like that screen name!! )
This advise sounds reasonable also.

Old 03-22-2018, 10:17 AM

"Who Needs a Plat of Survey?
These documents may be required to obtain a building permit; to buy, sell, or refinance a
property; or to subdivide a parcel. A plat of survey can be useful in settling property line
and encroachment disputes between owners of neighboring properties. Title insurance
firms use them to verify property boundaries and to identify encroachments, easements,
or other issues that may prevent "clear" title transfer in real estate transactions. For
instructions on accessing Plat of Survey documents, follow the link under the "Land
Records" tab."

Above is what we have so I am using that when I approach and/or send letters to these two neighbors.

Old 03-22-2018, 10:17 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,488 posts, read 1,789,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIL9 View Post
those come up blank for me. I tried to go to your profile but it is inaccessible unless I am friends with you. I think that's why some can't see the pictures.
Bingo.

I don't think she can make them public now. Future reference: when you want a picture to be available to all, when uploading make sure you make it public.

I'm not sure if deleting them and re uploading them will work. Worth a shot though.

Old 03-22-2018, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
On your pic links above... I see a black screen with ONE white pixel in the middle.
Oh well, I posted them both ways that you can post so not sure what the issue is. No matter.
I appreciate all of you chipping in and giving me your thoughts

Old 03-22-2018, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIL9 View Post
those come up blank for me. I tried to go to your profile but it is inaccessible unless I am friends with you. I think that's why some can't see the pictures.
Ohhhhhhhhhh, I'll fix that. So sorry!!

Old 03-22-2018, 10:23 AM

1,101 posts, read 1,304,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
Unless you have permanent markets at least on the corners of your property, you may have a survey, but have no proof of what is true. The survey description, may not be what you think it is and your land may be actually different than you think. Get at least the corners marked, so you have proof that your survey is correct, and located exactly where you think it is.
My father in Kansas had a particularly mischievous neighbor who actually removed the buried steel survey marker/ stake that had been placed in the 1960s. Then that neighbor argued that my father's land was trapezoidal rather than rectangular (he couldn't access to remove any of the other three stakes). Huge legal mess that was not cheap to resolve.

All this over a fraction of an acre.

Old 03-22-2018, 10:25 AM

http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...46140-plot.jpg

http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...1591181088.jpg

http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...1591214622.jpg

ok, these are kind of blurry but can you see them now? LOL

Old 03-22-2018, 10:27 AM

334 posts, read 147,853 times

yes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or