U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-31-2018, 11:43 AM
 
6,121 posts, read 3,320,648 times
Reputation: 13007

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmichigan View Post
A letter was written but not sent. She's going to talk to the neighbors instead.
She would be better off first determining where the property line actually lies. Relying on one surveyor's stake and the telephone or cable box is far from decisive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-31-2018, 12:33 PM
 
2,215 posts, read 755,118 times
Reputation: 3734
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmichigan View Post
A letter was written but not sent. She's going to talk to the neighbors instead.
Yeah, hubby changed his mind, and didn't want the letter sent. At least that was the last we heard. I hope it goes well for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2018, 12:42 PM
 
1,512 posts, read 565,559 times
Reputation: 2944
Oh dang! I’ll go get my popcorn!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2018, 01:54 PM
 
Location: Milwaukee Area of WI
1,782 posts, read 1,131,444 times
Reputation: 1756
Well Hellllllllo Everyone!
Sorry to keep ya hanging over the weekend but I usually don't go on City Data over the weekend. Plus, I left work early on Friday. Anywho, it was Reallly Realllllly Cold over the weekend so nothing got done outside. (19 degrees and this is spring in Wisconsin? Unacceptable! LOL ) Fencing should be coming today or tomorrow. Since my hubby has backed out of sending the letter (and we Both need to be on the same page), we are simply going to put up the partial fence as soon as the ground is thawed out enough to bury the posts. We are not going to say anything to the neighbors unless they inquiry about the fence when we are putting it up or after the fact. We are placing no trespassing signs on the fence. As far as the neighbor with the lawnmower and canoe on our property, we will simply move them when we are putting up the fence. We will have the survey in hand when doing so. We made copies and will gladly had one over if any neighbor asks. My spouse said "The less said the better". I'm just trying to be a team player here. It's really hard to make everyone happy. Gheeeeez.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2018, 01:55 PM
 
7,083 posts, read 3,783,727 times
Reputation: 10570
How do I turn off notifications for this thread? You are wearing me out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2018, 02:01 PM
 
Location: Milwaukee Area of WI
1,782 posts, read 1,131,444 times
Reputation: 1756
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
How do I turn off notifications for this thread? You are wearing me out!
You can unsubscribe dear
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2018, 02:58 PM
 
2,215 posts, read 755,118 times
Reputation: 3734
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
How do I turn off notifications for this thread? You are wearing me out!
Lol, I for one am enjoying the ongoing saga of "The Land" .

Otter, go to "My Settings" on upper left. Then "View All Subscribed Threads". Then tick the box of the thread you want to make disappear. At the bottom where it says "Move to folder", it's a drop down menu. Click on "Delete Subscription", and you are done. See you around .

Last edited by mlulu23; 04-02-2018 at 03:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2018, 03:27 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
272 posts, read 90,261 times
Reputation: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyRoos View Post
Well Hellllllllo Everyone!
Sorry to keep ya hanging over the weekend but I usually don't go on City Data over the weekend. Plus, I left work early on Friday. Anywho, it was Reallly Realllllly Cold over the weekend so nothing got done outside. (19 degrees and this is spring in Wisconsin? Unacceptable! LOL ) Fencing should be coming today or tomorrow. Since my hubby has backed out of sending the letter (and we Both need to be on the same page), we are simply going to put up the partial fence as soon as the ground is thawed out enough to bury the posts. We are not going to say anything to the neighbors unless they inquiry about the fence when we are putting it up or after the fact. We are placing no trespassing signs on the fence. As far as the neighbor with the lawnmower and canoe on our property, we will simply move them when we are putting up the fence. We will have the survey in hand when doing so. We made copies and will gladly had one over if any neighbor asks. My spouse said "The less said the better". I'm just trying to be a team player here. It's really hard to make everyone happy. Gheeeeez.
Sweetie, make 40 copies of that survey, laminate them and hang them every 5 to 8 feet of your fence!!! That should make things pretty clear. LOL!

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2018, 09:57 PM
Status: "Living the good retired life." (set 28 days ago)
 
Location: Wasilla, AK
5,868 posts, read 3,148,828 times
Reputation: 11857
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyRoos View Post
Well Hellllllllo Everyone!
Sorry to keep ya hanging over the weekend but I usually don't go on City Data over the weekend. Plus, I left work early on Friday. Anywho, it was Reallly Realllllly Cold over the weekend so nothing got done outside. (19 degrees and this is spring in Wisconsin? Unacceptable! LOL ) Fencing should be coming today or tomorrow. Since my hubby has backed out of sending the letter (and we Both need to be on the same page), we are simply going to put up the partial fence as soon as the ground is thawed out enough to bury the posts. We are not going to say anything to the neighbors unless they inquiry about the fence when we are putting it up or after the fact. We are placing no trespassing signs on the fence. As far as the neighbor with the lawnmower and canoe on our property, we will simply move them when we are putting up the fence. We will have the survey in hand when doing so. We made copies and will gladly had one over if any neighbor asks. My spouse said "The less said the better". I'm just trying to be a team player here. It's really hard to make everyone happy. Gheeeeez.
It's a shame your husband is being so passive over this. There is a real problem and it needs to be taken care, which you obviously well understand. But, quite frankly, he should have taken the lead from day one in resolving this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2018, 10:12 PM
 
2,215 posts, read 755,118 times
Reputation: 3734
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
It's a shame your husband is being so passive over this. There is a real problem and it needs to be taken care, which you obviously well understand. But, quite frankly, he should have taken the lead from day one in resolving this.
Oh my goodness yes ^^^^^. I feel like most of the burden is on you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top