U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2018, 02:04 PM

9,290 posts, read 11,138,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robino1 View Post
I'm not even sure to whom this place would appeal!
a hoarder!

Zsa Zsa Gabor or Elvis reincarnated?
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2018, 02:09 PM

9,290 posts, read 11,138,237 times
Good luck on the sale @550K.....neighborhood is full of 40-50K sales.

I know an old lady that looks like Zsa Zsa and has the same decorator as this Detroit palace. White, mirror and gold are her 3 favorite colors.....cars are white/white interior too but they are Rolls Royces. Her house needs a full remodel (mirrored kitchen cabinets are a sight to see!) and it is priced double what it is worth!

Old 03-22-2018, 07:25 AM
Status: "I cannot wait for the heat to break..." (set 3 days ago)

20,368 posts, read 25,483,948 times
Wow...good luck with that. I feel bad for the realtor when the owner wants to know why his/her "fabulous" house hasn't sold.

Old 03-22-2018, 09:05 AM

20,947 posts, read 15,267,317 times
Blinding. I can't imagine what it looks like it bright sun.

Old 03-22-2018, 08:44 PM

13,112 posts, read 18,707,927 times
My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

Old 03-22-2018, 09:13 PM

391 posts, read 247,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Obviously the home is not worth $550,000. Unless you can move it to my street. Not that I would want it.

We know the area has homes in the $33,000 range. Lets say that this home is really unique and can fetch a good price. We give the value of the home $40,000.

Lets look at the contents though. You can find examples of the Kohler & Campbell Baby grand for sale from a low of $2,500 on up to $25,000. From that picture alone I would place the piano at least in the $8,000 range.

The cars on the auction market could bring in $25,000 each if they are as well cared for as they look. So now we are at $98,000.

we have no idea of the other items in the home. The place seems to loaded with interesting items. Claims to have lots of automotive items. I don't have the training to see if the other items visible would bring in an additional $452,000. I am betting that you would easily have $100,000 in items there. It would really take someone in the auction market to take a walk and value the items in the home.

The "collection" needs to be sold off.
I agree, I think that there could be a "hidden treasure" :-) lot of things with price tag. Don't have an idea about cars, but if they are appraised for almost $250k, I think you'll find more. Even the old appliances, people paying a lot of money for it these days. I think he tried to declutter the house already. There are big, black bags full of something, next to the stairs.

Of course that his price is not realistic, but somehow I feel bad for this guy. He's old, has health issues and has to sell his loving home. Obviously, he cares a lot about his house.

Old 03-22-2018, 10:05 PM

526 posts, read 412,003 times
When I saw the first two photos, of the exterior and the immaculately white exotic living room, my first thoughts were of someone with atrociously bad taste. But as I looked at all the rest, I began to have some respect for the person or persons that did this. In this age of all neutrals, everything beige or grey, with no personality, everything Pottery Barn/Restoration Hardware/Crate and Barrel generic, it's nice to see someone just go wild and do what they want and to hell with what anyone else thinks. The attention to detail in each room is remarkable. I seriously would pay money to go on a tour of this house. This could almost be something a hip artist put together ironically. Now, don't get me wrong. I still think it is in atrociously bad taste. I would never want to live in a house decorated like that. But it certainly is a monument to personal style, which is in such short supply these days.

Old 03-23-2018, 02:03 AM

24,147 posts, read 13,668,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Good luck on the sale @550K.....neighborhood is full of 40-50K sales.

I know an old lady that looks like Zsa Zsa and has the same decorator as this Detroit palace. White, mirror and gold are her 3 favorite colors.....cars are white/white interior too but they are Rolls Royces. Her house needs a full remodel (mirrored kitchen cabinets are a sight to see!) and it is priced double what it is worth!
Yeah I had to check comps quickly too . I wonder how the discussion of price went down between the owner and the agent .

I donít see them getting anywhere near that even with the cars and other stuff included .

I think Iím going to favorite /bookmark it on Redfin just to see what happens with it .

Old 03-23-2018, 04:03 AM

6,359 posts, read 7,321,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Nassar is a Lebanese surname. Doesn't mean there isn't Irish Traveler somewhere though...
Nassar is a common surname in a number of Arabic countries. For many years, this area of Detroit was known to be largely a Chaldean community.

While my first reaction was "hideous", it was less harsh once I saw the owner describe his place in the news story. Still, it's definitely not my taste. It would be blinding to see the main room on a sunny day!

In any event, it will be difficult to sell the house with all of the furnishings included.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:01 AM

137 posts, read 56,485 times
That thing is AMAZING. The world would be a much more boring place without this home in it. My emotions ran the gamut while looking at the pics, from horror to delight to disbelief to admiration. I kept forcing my husband to look at the photos because they just kept getting more and more outrageous. "There's a butterfly on the toilet seat!" might be my favourite remark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or