U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 09:28 AM

975 posts, read 279,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Except the plot twist is Betty's daughter, the youngest one with the dimples, Sue Ellen, who everyone knew was gonna be trouble someday, was dating Fred's son Jack...the oldest one, who already was trouble.

Turns out there was a lot more than neckin' going on after the dance and now, well Sue Ellen's got herself in the family way and rumors are that's why Jack suddenly enlisted in the Army.

Course he was lucky to get in, and good thing the recruiter waved the rules and the judge agreed to reduce the charges from battery down to "disturbing the peace" so they could take 'im, after that brawl down at the bowling alley, in which Jack punched Earl (Sue Ellen's big brother) and threatened him with a broken PBR bottle. Heck, Earl only asked if Jack was gonna run out on his lil sister or be a man!

Sure, little towns are boring. You know Mabel will always bring the same potato salad to the potluck, and she puts in too much yellow mustard, but her ambrosia is as good as anyone's. And rumor has it her big quilt, the one she took to the state fair and got a second place for, wasn't even her design. She was over at Helen Shoemaker's house and saw the pattern there. Helen had been planning on making that quilt for years, but with her sciatica and the trouble with Harry, she hadn't gotten around to it yet.
So true. Thanks for a great laugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2018, 04:41 PM

5,270 posts, read 8,216,301 times
Update;

I saw the new neighbor over at the property today so I went over to chat for a minute. I didn't even have to ask about the driveway; he told me where it was going and it was favorable to me.

He's a really laid back nice guy. Since he is from out of state I mentioned not walking around barefoot due to the velvet ants and that the best way to prevent chiggers while there is no lawn is to spread sulfur.

It seems to me that he is going to be a great neighbor although it will be an adjustment since I haven't had a neighbor in the past 15 years within a half a mile of me.

Old 03-27-2018, 06:00 PM

917 posts, read 402,858 times
I’m glad you two are getting along already and the outcome was good. That’s a wonderful update!

Old 03-27-2018, 06:50 PM

3,827 posts, read 2,047,976 times
Glad to hear it went well! Thanks for the update!

Old 03-27-2018, 09:00 PM

10,265 posts, read 6,491,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
Update;

I haven't had a neighbor in the past 15 years within a half a mile of me.
What about the neighbor that you said uses this guy's easement?

Old 03-28-2018, 03:39 AM

5,270 posts, read 8,216,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
What about the neighbor that you said uses this guy's easement?
He lives on a property behind me and his house is about a half mile from mine. This is a rural area.

Heck even the new house next door is going to be probably 1500 to 1750 feet from my property line.

Last edited by Wartrace; 03-28-2018 at 04:07 AM..

Old 03-28-2018, 08:21 AM

6,359 posts, read 7,321,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
He lives on a property behind me and his house is about a half mile from mine. This is a rural area.

Heck even the new house next door is going to be probably 1500 to 1750 feet from my property line.
LOL. I'm sure that we all pictured something much closer.

Glad to hear that things are working out favorably for you.

Old 03-28-2018, 08:31 AM

3,827 posts, read 2,047,976 times
Can we get a Hear! Hear! Rah! Rah! Rah! for actually talking to your neighbors?! Not everyone is on a hair trigger if you want to make a suggestion in the interests of long term peace and happiness. Sometimes the worst ~doesn't~ happen.

And maybe you'll get to hear some of the better gossip while you're at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or