U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-24-2018, 08:06 AM
 
Location: Cary, NC
31,694 posts, read 55,531,149 times
Reputation: 30272

Advertisements

Let it go, Jack.
There is no intent there to engage with intellect or integrity.

Just let it go.



Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmichigan View Post
I was not questioning their integrity--I was challenging them to think (and they are not a customer, they are an anonymous poster to an internet forum). I have to assume that most people would respond, "No, that's not what I would do." Why, then, would they assume that everyone else would be different?

Of course, incentives affect the behavior of some people--sometimes for bad and sometimes for the good. People with high ethical standards are able to navigate the territory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-24-2018, 08:06 AM
 
1,528 posts, read 736,065 times
Reputation: 2062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
There you go again, JB...

I don't attack people for bringing it up once. But when you bring it up repeatedly, while ignoring any answers you don't want to accept, it becomes suspect. If you're not going to accept the answers, maybe you should stop pretending to ask a question.


Do you think as a rule, hourly employees work as slowly as they possibly can because they get paid more if it takes longer?

Do you think as a rule, salaried employees don't care about the actual outcome of negotiations, because they're paid anyway, regardless of whether the new deal gets signed or not?

In payment models other than straight commission models, are there in fact any incentives for employees to do good work, or are all people motivated only by the short term gains of the moment?

Good agents are motivated to make happy clients, because that's what makes the business grow in the end. For agents that have been in the business more than a year or two, MOST will say referrals from satisfied clients are a large or even primary part of our new business. We don't get that from consistently caring only about ourselves. I truly enjoy taking part in the fulfilled dreams of my clients, and I am sad and work to try to fix it if they are not happy, even if there is no promise of any future compensation from it. Because their happiness makes me feel good, and useful and worthwhile and appreciated and keeps us going, long after the money is gone. And those happy clients will send their friends and sisters and brothers and parents and children to us, because they know and trust us. And we are honored and motivated to be worthy of that trust.

JB, we have answered the question, for you, over and over again. Maybe some would say I'm insane or ill advised to keep engaging an answering you, but I do it, at least in part, because I care about others who will read this, in case they wonder. If we can't inform you.... perhaps we can at least inform those others.
No. My post was simply in response to the way Jack responded to questions/challenges on incentives that others have made - i.e. GeoffD.

This has nothing to do with me bringing up incentives too much. In fact, I even referenced GeoffD's post which is what Jack was responding to. GeoffD and johngolf were the ones talking about incentives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2018, 08:13 AM
 
Location: Rochester, WA
3,852 posts, read 2,089,074 times
Reputation: 10630
Then accept Jack's answer above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2018, 08:14 AM
 
Location: Cary, NC
31,694 posts, read 55,531,149 times
Reputation: 30272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Then accept Jack's answer above.
But, you gotta recognize the game at hand...



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qluJqCHjChY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2018, 08:15 AM
 
Location: Rochester, WA
3,852 posts, read 2,089,074 times
Reputation: 10630
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Let it go, Diana.
There is no intent there to engage with intellect or integrity.

Just let it go.
Is it wrong if I picture you in a flowy blue dress when you say that last line?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2018, 08:18 AM
 
6,365 posts, read 7,373,471 times
Reputation: 10833
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Let it go, Jack.
There is no intent there to engage with intellect or integrity.

Just let it go.
I think I've heard that before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2018, 08:22 AM
 
Location: Cary, NC
31,694 posts, read 55,531,149 times
Reputation: 30272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Is it wrong if I picture you in a flowy blue dress when you say that last line?

I would wear it well...

Or maybe I should have said, "Just the Way It Is?":



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOeKidp-iWo





Or, perhaps, "La dee da dee dee?"



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st6xdXOsYNU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2018, 09:11 AM
 
1,528 posts, read 736,065 times
Reputation: 2062
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Let it go, Jack.
There is no intent there to engage with intellect or integrity.

Just let it go.

Nobody likes some deranged father figure looking over their shoulder telling them when they should or shouldn't post.

There he goes again talking about integrity.

Licensed agents who randomly start talking about how consumers are not native English speakers when that had absolutely nothing to do with what was being debated are now trying to tell us about integrity and intellect? What kind of planet are they on?

Is it intellect to hurl racially charged insults at consumers when posting as a licensed real estate professional? When the internet can't be erased? When it takes decades to build a reputation and only an instant to destroy it with careless race related references? When today's climate gives nobody a second chance for things like this? Doesn't sound very smart to me. But go on...continue to talk to us about your great intellect. The beat goes on...la de da da de... la de da de da

Is it integrity to just randomly start talking about how I'm not a native English speaker when that had absolutely nothing to do with anything being discussed? When trying to use my presumed foreign heritage as the butt of your jokes and insults? Not the kind of behavior that I'd put up there as an example of integrity. But go on...continue to talk to use about your integrity. We want to learn from you. That's just the way it is...somethings will never change... Ironic that you post a song that's about racial injustice and civil rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2018, 09:17 AM
 
Location: Rochester, WA
3,852 posts, read 2,089,074 times
Reputation: 10630
Oh good grief.

Off on appointments today.

Good luck to all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2018, 09:39 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles (Native)
24,328 posts, read 13,811,097 times
Reputation: 11494
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
But, you gotta recognize the game at hand...



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qluJqCHjChY
Slick Willy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top