Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 12:33 PM

8,575 posts, read 12,395,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_because View Post
Yeah good riddance you multiple-thread making, anti-agent person who established that on threads one and two. Don't come back again.

You're here posting as a professional so, seriously, do you come here to make yourself and your industry look better or worse? If your intent is to give consumers a poor perception of the industry, you're doing a great job. Keep up the good work. I'm sure your fellow agents here appreciate it when, at least the good ones, are trying to create a good image of real estate agents.
I can't speak for others, but I'm not on here trying to create "a good image of real estate agents." I participate because I feel that I've gained some significant insights and knowledge over the years about real estate and I'm willing to share that information. Just as I can help clients avoid some of the perils of bad real estate deals, so, too, can I help people whom I have never met...and will never receive a penny from. (Although I did once accept a nice donation to my favorite charity from a kind gentleman who saved thousands of dollars from my advice here.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2018, 12:35 PM

2,182 posts, read 1,627,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmichigan View Post
I can't speak for others, but I'm not on here trying to create "a good image of real estate agents." I participate because I feel that I've gained some significant insights and knowledge over the years about real estate and I'm willing to share that information. Just as I can help clients avoid some of the perils of bad real estate deals, so, too, can I help people whom I have never met...and will never receive a penny from. (Although I did once accept a nice donation to my favorite charity from a kind gentleman who saved thousands of dollars from my advice here.)
Well said. We are on here because we have a common interest and want to discuss it.

Old 03-25-2018, 12:38 PM

1,528 posts, read 1,587,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
I think you only speak for you not the other agents. If I tell you to go away, will you?
Good move starting to attack me. That will help you earn respect back from your fellow agents. Play on the one common denominator that you have with the professional and competent agents here - dislike for me. Other than that, it's night and day between you and the good ones and even the mediocre ones.

Old 03-25-2018, 12:40 PM

14,458 posts, read 12,081,453 times
I came for the waters.

Old 03-25-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Good move starting to attack me. That will help you earn respect back from your fellow agents. Play on the one common denominator that you have with the professional and competent agents here - dislike for me. Other than that, it's night and day between you and the good ones and even the mediocre ones.
So, you admit they all dislike you, but you feel you can speak for them?

Old 03-25-2018, 12:48 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVREDLEG View Post
Everyone on here knows exactly what you were doing.
the only problem is the unknowing consumers who wander on here thinking otherwise. I feel for them.

Put me in the "nobody needs to go on a forum and post the same thing in 3 separate topics within 6 days" category. I would fully expect, if I were to go onto the Washington DC forum for my upcoming trip and post a topic today about "Places in DC to avoid cause I hear it's full of crime" that I shouldn't post that topic again in 3 days, and then again the day I leave for our nation's capital.

just because it would make me look either ignorant or what is commonly referred to as a "troll". Only an idiot would think it was an innocent happenstance.

Old 03-25-2018, 12:54 PM

15,572 posts, read 40,409,288 times
Quote:
So, the reason to make multiple threads is what?
Trying to get a different group of people to respond? You know the deal. Misery loves company. Maybe the OP wasn't getting quite the commiseration they were hoping for so they started a new thread to get it. Not everyone has a good people picker, as MAM would say.

Old 03-25-2018, 12:58 PM

1,528 posts, read 1,587,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmichigan View Post
Professional agents are here for a variety of reasons and I'll stand corrected if one of those is not to create a more positive public perception of your industry.

I don't mean to speak for you or anyone. It only made sense to me that this would be one of the many reasons why business people here post as professionals and spend time doing so. I'm in no way saying that it's some big orchestrated PR thing. It's just that if someone is proud of their industry, they usually want to do their part to spread that good will and good perception. that's normally how engaged professionals do things at least what I've seen. They're advocates for their industries and they care about what people think. if someone criticizes their industry unfairly, they want to understand why they think that way and they might wish to try to change that perception.

Well if you and other agents truly do not care about making perceptions more positive then I suggest that you do think about this. So many times we see interactions where there is unnecessary negative perceptions created. You think, "why couldn't that have gone better?".

Old 03-25-2018, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Professional agents are here for a variety of reasons and I'll stand corrected if one of those is not to create a more positive public perception of your industry.

I don't mean to speak for you or anyone. It only made sense to me that this would be one of the many reasons why business people here post as professionals and spend time doing so. I'm in no way saying that it's some big orchestrated PR thing. It's just that if someone is proud of their industry, they usually want to do their part to spread that good will and good perception. that's normally how engaged professionals do things at least what I've seen. They're advocates for their industries and they care about what people think. if someone criticizes their industry unfairly, they want to understand why they think that way and they might wish to try to change that perception.

Well if you and other agents truly do not care about making perceptions more positive then I suggest that you do think about this. So many times we see interactions where there is unnecessary negative perceptions created. You think, "why couldn't that have gone better?".
No, no I don't think that. If its you I know why it didn't go well.

OK, how can I make it more clear? I do not care about JB's perception of real estate agents.

Right now I do wish I had something better to do on a Sunday.

Old 03-25-2018, 01:04 PM

14,458 posts, read 12,081,453 times
Quote:
So, you admit the all dislike you, but you feel you can speak for them?
I don't dislike JB.... I just wish there was a separate subforum, just for him and his issues. Some separate place to argue about how real estate laws and ethics and pay structures should be, if that's what he wants to do.

As it is here, he never posts his own threads, he just hijacks the threads of other people, knocks it off topic and buries it in pages and pages of words that really don't apply to the original person or their question. That is what gets in the way of creating a positive informational and learning environment here....

This thread is a good example. The original post is GONE.... I think most of us didn't even see it. But JB comes on and says BOO! and a future 40 page thread is born.... and no one, at the end, will have any idea what it was about, nor will anything be solved.

All this banter and debate would be harmless fun... people spending their free time having conversation on the internet.... except for the relatively new threats I've seen from JB to actually take his complaints about agents to licensing authorities and mess with people's credentials and livelihood. Over internet banter.

I'd have to draw a line there... then it's no longer just people engaging in recreational conversation, it's vendetta and revenge and spite and malice. And wrong. Very wrong.

I would hope he will seriously reconsider that. Not because I think he'll win anything, but because it is toxic to the free and honest exchange of ideas we should all strive for here, even him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate