Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 11:13 AM

15,572 posts, read 40,409,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
We get it. You don't like real estate agents. That was established with threads one and two.
I don't think that is true. The OP said they had a good agent, but I think it was one of three if I remember the threads correctly. So from the OP's perspective a 33% chance of getting a good agent. I think that is what the OP was lamenting? The difficulty in filtering out and finding a good agent. The OP said some positive things about one of their agents.

It is very difficult for consumers to discern the differences between agents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2018, 11:16 AM

1,528 posts, read 1,587,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVREDLEG View Post
Come on! It works both ways. The OP is struggling, but not because of bad RE agents. Dozens of threads on here along with thousands of words in blogs, periodicals and industry publications talking about interviewing and selecting agents to represent your interests.

OP has the right to pour out their frustration in a long, run-on rant. But the now evaporated rant had no objective or useful elements to build on. The OP liked an agent but disliked the area--moved on. The OP drove all over FL and contacted agents as they pulled into the area--at least that is all one can grasp from the post.

One in a few thousand. That's how many times a buyer cold calls an agent and that agent personally orchestrates multiple short-notice showings of the exact customer dreams in the conditions sought by same customer. Anything less than that is pushed onto the agent as failure, incompetence, or laziness. Reality falls somewhere in between. Maybe the OP did something different? Doesn't seem likely.

No one lost anything by reading any of this. Too many expect the agent to turn flips working for $0/hour with clients who expect $100/hour service.
I made a simple point and it's not about what you're talking about. I never said the OP was right or wrong. Smart or stupid. That all of this was their fault or not. Reread my post, it's about none of this.

You may not agree with the point I made but please respond to that point rather than say 'come on' and then respond to things that I did not say. I guess you think I said that the OP is 'good' or I was defending everything they did and said. That's another discussion that has nothing to do with my point.

Old 03-25-2018, 11:20 AM

14,458 posts, read 12,081,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_because View Post
Wow you people still disagree with me when I'm saying nice things!
It would be nice if the definition of "being right" specifically included "always complimentary of Diana Holbrook"... but so far I haven't been able to make that happen... so... I must try to deal with the truth as it is now.

Quote:
Anyway, people can make up their own minds about your credibility, your professionalism and your attitude and those of your colleagues, both good and bad.
This is true, too.

Old 03-25-2018, 11:29 AM

2,182 posts, read 1,627,160 times
Quote:
It's always a shame when a consumer is pushed away by the behaviors and attitudes of some of the agents here.

When there is a consumer who has had negative experiences which have led to an overall poor perception of the industry, this should be seen as an opportunity to change the views. You can't change history but you can present the industry in its most positive light. Instead some will dig in and attack. This only serves to reinforce the existing perceptions rather than to change them. It's unfortunate that some can't seem to understand this and allow their arrogance to drive their behavior.

Certainly a lost opportunity with this and sadly everyone loses when this happens.
There are people I push away on purpose.

Old 03-25-2018, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
I don't think that is true. The OP said they had a good agent, but I think it was one of three if I remember the threads correctly. So from the OP's perspective a 33% chance of getting a good agent. I think that is what the OP was lamenting? The difficulty in filtering out and finding a good agent. The OP said some positive things about one of their agents.

It is very difficult for consumers to discern the differences between agents.
So, the reason to make multiple threads is what?

Old 03-25-2018, 11:40 AM

1,073 posts, read 1,042,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Sounds like some others at least got to *read* the rant....
And that is all it was--the title was bait, albeit sarcastic.

I'm not a RE agent, don't love 'em or hate 'em. I know sales. The OP struck out, but focused their frustration on RE agents. How do you change that perception on this thread? Soothe them with tales of good agents and experiences? Nope.

Both sides of the relationship deserve consideration. An agent gets a referred client. Agent shows client multiple properties. Client decides nothing works. Agent gross for a few days of work = ZERO. Agent net for a few days of work = less than ZERO. Conclusion: Agent needs to do a better job.

Agents cannot win, because "the customer is always right". Consumers are free to have high expectations. Both axioms result in negative perceptions.

Old 03-25-2018, 12:00 PM

1,073 posts, read 1,042,625 times
Quote:
I made a simple point and it's not about what you're talking about. I never said the OP was right or wrong. Smart or stupid. That all of this was their fault or not. Reread my post, it's about none of this.

You may not agree with the point I made but please respond to that point rather than say 'come on' and then respond to things that I did not say. I guess you think I said that the OP is 'good' or I was defending everything they did and said. That's another discussion that has nothing to do with my point.
I did respond to your point. You assume your reply stands on its own, but without the OP it has none. Threads are like that sometimes.

Your reply is a rebuke of a reply, not a direct defense of the OP--no kidding. My response is exactly aimed at your point, which is not "simple" because you want to label it as such. Everyone on here knows exactly what you were doing.

Old 03-25-2018, 12:04 PM

8,575 posts, read 12,395,872 times
People who get the most out of these forums are ones who post sincere questions asking for advice or clarification about certain real estate issues. Those who primarily post just to rant about a personal experience, or to incessantly rant against agents, get little meaningful advice because none was sought. The laws of physics seem to apply to these forums as well: purely negative posts tend to generate opposite and equal reactions.

Old 03-25-2018, 12:09 PM

1,528 posts, read 1,587,296 times
Quote:
We get it. You don't like real estate agents. That was established with threads one and two.
Quote:
There are people I push away on purpose.
Quote:
So, the reason to make multiple threads is what?
Yeah good riddance you multiple-thread making, anti-agent person who established that on threads one and two. Don't come back again.

You're here posting as a professional so, seriously, do you come here to make yourself and your industry look better or worse? If your intent is to give consumers a poor perception of the industry, you're doing a great job. Keep up the good work. I'm sure your fellow agents here appreciate it when, at least the good ones, are trying to create a good image of real estate agents.

Old 03-25-2018, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Yeah good riddance you multiple-thread making, anti-agent person who established that on threads one and two. Don't come back again.

You're here posting as a professional so, seriously, do you come here to make yourself and your industry look better or worse? If your intent is to give consumers a poor perception of the industry, you're doing a great job. Keep up the good work. I'm sure your fellow agents here appreciate it when, at least the good ones, are trying to create a good image of real estate agents.
I think you only speak for you not the other agents. If I tell you to go away, will you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate