U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 01:16 AM

24,171 posts, read 13,685,578 times

Advertisements

Just curious if the Zillow profiles of agent activity are always accurate . The pages that show active listings and sold properties for each agent .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2018, 02:57 AM

448 posts, read 304,056 times
My house showed up on Zillow three days after I listed it. I let them email me the daily report. Honestly I don't know where they get their information. First day report showed over 40 views and 6 saves. Bad thing was that I had already accepted a cash offer and the place was off the market. This type of information continued for 6 more days then finally stopped. Judge for yourself.

Old 03-28-2018, 03:17 AM

31,603 posts, read 55,320,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Just curious if the Zillow profiles of agent activity are always accurate . The pages that show active listings and sold properties for each agent .
No. Not even close much of the time. For many reasons. Some are internal Z policy issues, and some are not their fault.

Nearly 50% of the members in my local MLS do not allow their feeds to go to Z.

I only allowed my MLS feed to go to Z in November, 2017.
Z is now starting to import some of my sales.
I did not mean for that to happen, but I guess that is part of opening my feed to them.

Z does not post new construction sales activity. So the agent does not get credit for new construction.
Z does not post any sales activity that is not on our local MLS, either.

Bear in mind, that many teams give all credit to a rainmaker. It is a bit deceitful as it corrupts the activity reports, but is allowed.
This means one agent gets credit for all activity of team members.
Z cannot break out the details, because the details are not in the feed they receive.

So, the information should be taken with a grain of salt.

Old 03-28-2018, 04:50 AM

747 posts, read 671,170 times
Definetly not accurate. I have seen one agents number go up and then down by the day and by the listing. Two weeks later this same agent (big in that area) had five fewer sales sold. Very strange to see this. So don't take all you see on Zillow as factual.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:08 PM

24,171 posts, read 13,685,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
No. Not even close much of the time. For many reasons. Some are internal Z policy issues, and some are not their fault.

Nearly 50% of the members in my local MLS do not allow their feeds to go to Z.

I only allowed my MLS feed to go to Z in November, 2017.
Z is now starting to import some of my sales.
I did not mean for that to happen, but I guess that is part of opening my feed to them.

Z does not post new construction sales activity. So the agent does not get credit for new construction.
Z does not post any sales activity that is not on our local MLS, either.

Bear in mind, that many teams give all credit to a rainmaker. It is a bit deceitful as it corrupts the activity reports, but is allowed.
This means one agent gets credit for all activity of team members.
Z cannot break out the details, because the details are not in the feed they receive.

So, the information should be taken with a grain of salt.
Thanks for explaining that . Yeah I had a feeling itís probably not too accurate .

Old 03-28-2018, 12:14 PM

13,743 posts, read 31,562,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
If an agent manually enters the sold data then it is accurate. Otherwise no.

The active listings are only accurate if the MLS feeds the data to Zillow since we can no longer enter listings manually into Zillow.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:15 PM
DKM

2,060 posts, read 672,700 times
I looked up my agent and it showed everything she bought or sold in the past few years...I'm going with accurate, but she makes sure that it is that way.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:16 PM

7,077 posts, read 16,893,484 times
Zillow does not account for all the New Construction homes that an agent might sell, nor does it account for any of the off-market activity an agent participates in. NO, Zillow is not accurate and never will be. Zillow is a conversation starter.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:17 PM

31,603 posts, read 55,320,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
If an agent manually enters the sold data then it is accurate. Otherwise no.

The active listings are only accurate if the MLS feeds the data to Zillow since we can no longer enter listings manually into Zillow.
Zillow declined to allow me to enter stuff they cannot confirm on MLS.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:21 PM

13,743 posts, read 31,562,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Zillow declined to allow me to enter stuff they cannot confirm on MLS.
Interesting. I haven't had issues with my FSBO sales so far. I have had a few that they won't enter because they couldn't find the address, like new construction. They are also iffy on acreage properties for some reason. I've had issues entering those.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or