U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you like when Agents and clients tour in the same car?
I never ride in my agent's car. 42 37.17%
I like to ride together with my agent. 45 39.82%
I am an agent, and don't take clients in my car. 11 9.73%
I am an agent and like it when we ride together. 15 13.27%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 07:41 PM

10,549 posts, read 4,145,458 times

Advertisements

As a person who will be buying a home and coming from another state, I would greatly appreciate at least being asked if I would like to ride in the realtors car when being shown homes since I don't know the area. I don't talk much and will be more than happy to buy you lunch at a decent restaurant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2018, 08:57 PM

30,007 posts, read 34,648,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
As a person who will be buying a home and coming from another state, I would greatly appreciate at least being asked if I would like to ride in the realtors car when being shown homes since I don't know the area. I don't talk much and will be more than happy to buy you lunch at a decent restaurant.
That's where a good Realtor earns his keep. I can give an out of towner about a 4-6 hour tour and educate them on many of the areas they want to live. Usually the 1st time we go out we don't even look at homes. We might stop in to a few Builders as we have time but it's hard to keep scheduled appointments when you are out "exploring".

Old 04-09-2018, 10:05 PM

3,630 posts, read 6,792,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Many may think they know what they want but until they get out and explore areas and see what they get for their money they start changing their criteria. BS to above stated they lie. They don't lie, they just don't know the market that well.

That's especially true if they are out of town people moving to a new area.
This. We moved from Kansas City to Oklahoma City. Houses are just different down there, and it isnít just the lack of a basement. Hard to explain. I did change some criteria as we went along. We rode with our realtor. Learned a lot about the area from him we wouldnít have if we drove separately. I bought him lunch. We were down there on a relocation expense account. I figured it was the least I could do.

When Iíve looked at real estate locally, Iíve met the realtor at the house. Easier for us.

Old 04-09-2018, 11:16 PM

804 posts, read 332,059 times
Yes. When my husband and I bought our home in Atlanta, we flew in so the real estate of course drove us around. Over two days, we saw 14 houses. The real estate market is totally different in Atlanta from where our current home in St. Louis. I can’t really put my finger on it but the houses themselves seem different as well.

When we bought our house in St. Louis we drove ourselves because all the houses were within 10 or so miles and we’d usually would only see one or two at a time. I did like that my husband and I were privately able to discuss what we thought of each house privately without our agent being there.

Old 04-10-2018, 01:50 AM

1,528 posts, read 734,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Many may think they know what they want but until they get out and explore areas and see what they get for their money they start changing their criteria. BS to above stated they lie. They don't lie, they just don't know the market that well.

That's especially true if they are out of town people moving to a new area.
I was obviously joking. And a play on that dreadful old real estate agent mantra "buyers are liars".

Old 04-10-2018, 03:21 AM

31,683 posts, read 55,496,055 times
Quote:
I'm partial to a nice garden salad.

Old 04-10-2018, 05:44 AM

10,549 posts, read 4,145,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I'm partial to a nice garden salad.
You're hired!!!

Old 04-10-2018, 05:48 AM

Quote:
You're hired!!!
Do we eat first, or drive first?

Old 04-10-2018, 07:14 AM

3,630 posts, read 6,792,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Do we eat first, or drive first?
Well, unless you are a certified restaurant health inspector and have a degree in gourmet cooking, you better not recommend where to eat. Thatís all I have to say.

Old 04-10-2018, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
Well, unless you are a certified restaurant health inspector and have a degree in gourmet cooking, you better not recommend where to eat. Thatís all I have to say.
Any place I take you, they wash their roaches and groom their mice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or