U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you like when Agents and clients tour in the same car?
I never ride in my agent's car. 42 37.17%
I like to ride together with my agent. 45 39.82%
I am an agent, and don't take clients in my car. 11 9.73%
I am an agent and like it when we ride together. 15 13.27%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 07:32 AM

13,104 posts, read 17,634,355 times

Advertisements

no the first time I was looking at houses to buy the agent took me in her car and that car was a disaster . Food wrappers everywhere dirty on the outside , looked like it had not been washed in months , I kid you not . The inside was filthy and she blamed it on her teenagers . I'm sorry are you the parent or not ? she kept talking about her divorce and what a louse her ex husband was and he never helped her do anything and never once asked us about how we liked the homes she showed us ? we changed agents that weekend and she told the person that recommended her to us that she did not appreciate us going to someone else and I honestly thought to myself she had a lot of nerve going to one of our friends and telling them that .Can someone say unprofessional and when we go looking for our retirement home I will be very careful with all dealing with agents .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2018, 07:39 AM

31,592 posts, read 55,295,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
no the first time I was looking at houses to buy the agent took me in her car and that car was a disaster . Food wrappers everywhere dirty on the outside , looked like it had not been washed in months , I kid you not . The inside was filthy and she blamed it on her teenagers . I'm sorry are you the parent or not ? she kept talking about her divorce and what a louse her ex husband was and he never helped her do anything and never once asked us about how we liked the homes she showed us ? we changed agents that weekend and she told the person that recommended her to us that she did not appreciate us going to someone else and I honestly thought to myself she had a lot of nerve going to one of our friends and telling them that .Can someone say unprofessional and when we go looking for our retirement home I will be very careful with all dealing with agents .
Yoiks.

My first BIC told me it was so-o-o-o embarrassing when a buyer would call in and complain about the agents' dirty smelly cars.

Hmmm... Think I have a date at the carwash today.
No teenagers or lousy spouse. It's all on me. But, it is reasonably clean. Just time to get more pollen off.

Old 04-10-2018, 07:45 AM

3,827 posts, read 2,047,976 times
We live down a half mile gravel road. There is no time of year our truck can stay clean long... On the outside. The inside is clean. We feel a little like hicks sometimes when we pull in to the office parking lot for a staff meeting, and have to park next to all the shiny clean REALTOR® cars. At least we're usually looking at farms.

Old 04-10-2018, 10:06 AM

3,190 posts, read 1,849,098 times
I get carsick and when I bought my house in 1990 the agent drove us everywhere. Made for a really miserable day especially when the agent would turn the wheel while turning her head to talk to us in the back seat.

These days we casually look at investment properties and have always met the agent at the location.

Old 04-10-2018, 10:09 AM

1,511 posts, read 563,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
I get carsick and when I bought my house in 1990 the agent drove us everywhere. Made for a really miserable day especially when the agent would turn the wheel while turning her head to talk to us in the back seat.

These days we casually look at investment properties and have always met the agent at the location.
Agreed! I’m a terrible passenger and can not stand people that drive that way.

Never done a long distance relo without renting first, but I’d probably just do a rental car and drive myself.

Might be one of those interesting questions to add to interviewing potential agents - get some insight into their preference.

Old 04-10-2018, 12:03 PM

8,376 posts, read 7,362,552 times
I spent from 1972 until I finally retired as an investment property broker. Everything from single family rental homes (all good quality newer middle class homes), to farms, ranches, apartment houses commercial, etc.

I only showed an average of 1.5 properties to a investor and usually only one showing per sale. My clients always rode with me, with up to 150 mile round trip to a property. I handles the clients like a stock broker does. I handled all their investments, buying, selling and exchanging (largest exchange involved 7 properties in multiple states with 7 owners). My best home sales day, was 14 houses in one day. A 13 unit to be built subdivision plus one home that needed sold immediately to avoid foreclosure. All sold sight unseen on the telephone with one buyer taking 5, and the rest took 2 to 3.

I never wanted to be a tour bus driver as I call them, showing house after house till they broke down and bought one. That is why I stayed with investor, who I knew their goals, and what they wanted to do.

Old 04-10-2018, 12:14 PM

10,638 posts, read 3,311,331 times
When we looked for houses we were in our own car because we had kids with, plus my DH and I would discuss the home on the way to looking at the next. For us, it just seemed easier.

Old 04-10-2018, 02:27 PM

18,975 posts, read 10,032,914 times
As a client, I generally prefer to ride with the agent. I hate driving and I would rather be able to look around and get a chance to see the area. And I have a very bad sense of direction and would rather not be stressed out about finding my way around or worrying about following another driver.

However, if I was just looking at one property, for example going back for a second showing, then I'd be ok just meeting the agent there, and having a chance to check out the immediate area myself.

Old 04-10-2018, 03:29 PM

7,089 posts, read 2,207,882 times
The last time I bought a house, my vehicle was a motorcycle with a sidecar. My buyer's agent was chicken to ride in it.

Old 04-10-2018, 09:28 PM

4,110 posts, read 3,400,520 times
I always expect the realtor to drive me. I also expect them to buy my meal.
I also don't go out unless I am serious.
I've done maybe 13 million in real estate deals. If a realtor doesn't want to drive me and pay for the $10 meal because they don't like me or feel I am worth the time and expense, then I'll just find another. I want to be treated well and taken care of and I feel they are well rewarded on the commission end. Being in the car with them allows me to ask questions and not concentrate on finding my way. I learn a lot about an area as they can play tour guide too. They also learn more about me and what I am looking for, so it's beneficial for them as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or