U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 07:27 AM

17,909 posts, read 9,843,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
not required in tx, but if the buyer can prove that you didn't disclose because you thought they wouldn't buy, they can sue you under DCTPA.
More accurately, Texas law specifies manners of death that are not required to be disclosed, but death by murder is not listed among those specified.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2018, 08:58 AM

819 posts, read 484,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
Is that something that must be disclosed or not?
If the shooter was a RE agent, then absolutely, it must be disclosed because it is one's duty to make sure no one else is victimized by that agent. If the victim was a RE agent, it depends--was the agent carrying pepper spray? Did the agent voluntarily disclose they were carrying pepper spray?

Here is why it is so complicated: If someone got offended by the agent and knew about pepper spray, it might be considered self-defense or a lesser charge than homicide.

Make sure you check local laws. Here in the lower southeastern southwest is probably different than the mid-west islands.

Looking forward to your next thread..........

Old 04-12-2018, 11:22 AM

1,574 posts, read 1,978,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Whereís the Pacific Northeast? Seems like an oxymoron
GoPhils, I have had a crummy day. Your post made me laugh out loud for at least a minute.

Thank you!!

As to the OP, it varies state by state.

In many states, the onus is on the buyer to perform due diligence.

Old 04-12-2018, 11:24 AM

3,192 posts, read 1,852,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamingTX View Post
Really... they were showing a house with bullet holes and blood...

Whatís the next story? Aliens in the basement?
My neighbors house was shown with blood on the walls and floors. She had a heart attack, fell and died. Her breakfast was still on the stove.

Second wife with life use of the property. Kids were just waiting for her to go - they put it on the market that afternoon.

Old 04-12-2018, 12:09 PM

1,492 posts, read 574,260 times
After a murder, I think they have crime scene cleanup crews that come in to remove hazardous waste. Blood is a biohazard. I've seen several homes where murders occurred, (and bought one), and they have always been spotless.

Old 04-12-2018, 12:40 PM

8,846 posts, read 17,443,646 times
How many years ago? Is there a link to a newspaper article you can share about it?

Old 04-12-2018, 01:01 PM

6,967 posts, read 5,191,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Sometimes I have to wonder what the thought process is. Disclose for three years because everyone knows ghosts have a sell by date and they will expire in three years?
I don't think it has to do with ghosts, so much as stigma with the property, and/or people's own foibles.

Old 04-12-2018, 03:27 PM

708 posts, read 446,310 times
I think this will be on the ID channel in a couple years! We read about it before it happened here first!

Old 04-12-2018, 04:06 PM

10,638 posts, read 3,316,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
My neighbors house was shown with blood on the walls and floors. She had a heart attack, fell and died. Her breakfast was still on the stove.

Second wife with life use of the property. Kids were just waiting for her to go - they put it on the market that afternoon.
Really? An agent showed a house with blood on the walls and food still on the stove? C’mon! I would think an agent would advise it to be cleaned before listing as another poster said, it’s a biohazard!

My FIL had a heart attack and wasn’t found for a couple days and a hazmat team still had to come in to clean!

Old 04-12-2018, 04:47 PM

3,192 posts, read 1,852,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
Really? An agent showed a house with blood on the walls and food still on the stove? Címon! I would think an agent would advise it to be cleaned before listing as another poster said, itís a biohazard!

My FIL had a heart attack and wasnít found for a couple days and a hazmat team still had to come in to clean!
Yes really, I walked in on the first showing to see what they were selling the house for. If I'd known it was an official showing I never would have done so, I thought it was the relatives.

They did clean it after that but I never saw a hazmat team. Her friend found her within hours of her death.

The listing agent was really sketchy. I often saw people trying to get in without an agent and many times I'd have to go lock the door after they left as no one could seem to figure it out. Can't remember how many times I called them on weird stuff.

The house sold again 7 years later with no weird agent/buyer stuff. Oddly, that lady also died in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or