U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-02-2018, 10:43 PM
 
16,557 posts, read 17,694,384 times
Reputation: 23734

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
As a prospective buyer, I have no interest in a work bench at all, especially if it protrudes into the garage further than the cabinets.
It doesnít but if you donít want them removed Iíll remove them AFTER closing. Iíll take them to my new house. Price isnít changing on the house regardless if the cabinets stay or go. Besides yourself, I donít know one person who doesnít want 8,000 dollars worth of custom made cabinets and work bench for garage storage but hey Iíll load them on a trailer and take them with me. I have no problem keeping them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-03-2018, 06:56 PM
 
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
4,205 posts, read 2,187,620 times
Reputation: 8173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
It doesnít but if you donít want them removed Iíll remove them AFTER closing. Iíll take them to my new house. Price isnít changing on the house regardless if the cabinets stay or go. Besides yourself, I donít know one person who doesnít want 8,000 dollars worth of custom made cabinets and work bench for garage storage but hey Iíll load them on a trailer and take them with me. I have no problem keeping them.
I have already stated that I find value in garage cabinets. If a work bench is built into the wall of cabinets, that's OK (though I prefer cabinet storage); however, I just stated that I would not want a work bench that protudes into the garage further than the cabinets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2018, 10:19 PM
 
260 posts, read 1,885,396 times
Reputation: 217
OP here. So, to wrap up this thread, I sold the cabinets for 80% of what I paid. A reasonable return for a few years of use. I will say the garage looks bigger now having removed them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2018, 11:22 AM
 
407 posts, read 122,237 times
Reputation: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by motifone View Post
OP here. So, to wrap up this thread, I sold the cabinets for 80% of what I paid. A reasonable return for a few years of use. I will say the garage looks bigger now having removed them.


I would of done same. It'll appeal for the buyers more with a big garage and not having the shelves in your way myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2018, 11:36 AM
 
3,370 posts, read 3,290,170 times
Reputation: 8638
And as long as you patched and painted well, they'll never know they were there, won't ever miss them. They certainly wouldn't have paid more for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2018, 03:14 PM
 
260 posts, read 1,885,396 times
Reputation: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
And as long as you patched and painted well, they'll never know they were there, won't ever miss them. They certainly wouldn't have paid more for them.
Yup had it patched and painted by open house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top