U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 12:55 PM

4,211 posts, read 1,563,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diana holbrook View Post
wow... We probably couldn't get you to come for dinner
:d
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2018, 01:00 PM

3,837 posts, read 2,061,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
One time thing sure.......dirt road every day, no way! Rains too much which means muddy mess!
No, it's only muddy half the year. The rest of the year it's dusty!

I know... this is why I never have a clean Realtor® car.

Old 04-24-2018, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Funny what criteria people have. Personally I prefer unpaved neighborhoods as I look for more rural settings with larger lots, more of what was the native vegetation/woodland, better chance to see wildlife, less neighborhood through traffic (no arterials that are paved) and lower vehicle speeds which can translate into peace and quiet. Hmm, haven't lived on a paved road for about 30 years
I learned early in this business that for every one who is looking for one thing, there is a client who is looking for the opposite. That... and that my personal opinion about it seldom matters.

Old 04-24-2018, 02:50 PM

9,324 posts, read 11,168,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Funny what criteria people have. Personally I prefer unpaved neighborhoods as I look for more rural settings with larger lots, more of what was the native vegetation/woodland, better chance to see wildlife, less neighborhood through traffic (no arterials that are paved) and lower vehicle speeds which can translate into peace and quiet. Hmm, haven't lived on a paved road for about 30 years
I'm a clean car nut......spent 40 minutes washing one this morning.....only to have massive rain/hail this afternoon! Sky has cleared, car still looks great.

I would lose my mind on any dirt road.

Old 04-24-2018, 03:10 PM

Quote:
I'm a clean car nut......spent 40 minutes washing one this morning.....only to have massive rain/hail this afternoon! Sky has cleared, car still looks great.

I would lose my mind on any dirt road.
I like a pretty clean car too, but also remind myself how much time I end up being able to spend on other things if I'm not washing it. More and more these days "washing the car" translates into leaving it outside when the forecast calls for steady rain.

Old 04-24-2018, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
I learned early in this business that for every one who is looking for one thing, there is a client who is looking for the opposite. That... and that my personal opinion about it seldom matters.
You have reached the age of wisdom DH!! Sometimes when I read forum threads that include someone's gotta have list for a home I find myself mentally "unchecking" all those little boxes.

Old 04-24-2018, 03:48 PM

503 posts, read 227,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Be cautious! You can bump up the HDR effects until a 1974 single-wide looks like a hunting lodge. I've seen it done!
Diana, silly... HDR is a post processing technique used in digital photography that improves the total range of what attributes can be seen in the photo; bringing up the details that, under normal 2-dimensional photographic circumstances, would be lost in the darker shadows and brighter highlights in a typical space. HDR = High Dynamic Range, it is very simple. Our human eyes can see much more in person than the camera's sensor can, which is why HDR came about originally. It won't make that single-wide any bigger in reality, we can just see in every nook and cranny. If the subject has been staged well, then it deserves every chance it gets to look its best.

Now I won't argue that some photographers (like myself) will do their professional-level best to represent the assignment to the utmost benefit of the firms/realtors that are paying them $$$. We use complementary angles and the right equipment to help those small rooms look larger using PC-E wide angle or simple wide-angle lenses (generally 14-24mm range... and very definitely excluding those 10mm fish-eye lenses which have no business being used in architectural photography unless for a very specific effect or reason).

Just my two cents worth and not trying to call you out... I hear the same thing from my clients all the time and just want to clarify what HDR is/does.

Peace. :-)

Old 04-24-2018, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Rules View Post
Love the photo shopped exterior photos that show a dazzling green lawn when, in reality, it's more brown than green. I know listing agents want to show the properties in the best possible light, but buyers become skeptical about what else isn't real when agents get heavy handed with the coloring and editing (such as taking out power lines....).
Yes, and totally agree with you on this. I shot for a new home builder for awhile and in post processing we were required to remove ALL of the light switches, outlets, lamp cords, roof vents and jacks, even the fencing they put around the model homes and put in fake landscaping... even had to alter the views out the windows (unless the development was in California where it is illegal to change the views). It made me very distrustful of the entire process of what happens in marketing of new homes.

Old 04-24-2018, 04:32 PM

Quote:
One time thing sure.......dirt road every day, no way! Rains too much which means muddy mess!
Which is perfect for a "City Guy." We live in a rural setting, have mentioned the gravel road in the selling description too... so no excuses for people... love the privacy and lack of traffic. To each his own.

Old 04-24-2018, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowilldo View Post
Diana, silly... HDR is a post processing technique used in digital photography that improves the total range of what attributes can be seen in the photo; bringing up the details that, under normal 2-dimensional photographic circumstances, would be lost in the darker shadows and brighter highlights in a typical space. HDR = High Dynamic Range, it is very simple. Our human eyes can see much more in person than the camera's sensor can, which is why HDR came about originally. It won't make that single-wide any bigger in reality, we can just see in every nook and cranny. If the subject has been staged well, then it deserves every chance it gets to look its best.
It makes places look like a video game and sometimes it's a bit silly. It doesn't look like REALITY... and IMHO... that's not good.

Quote:
Peace. :-)
Peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or