U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 09:48 AM

10,265 posts, read 6,491,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
I think the argument Redfin would make is that they are providing a "full service" representation for a 1% (or I believe 1.5% in some markets) listing commission. They are not just "placing it online." Sure, you might get a bad Redfin agent, but you can get a bad "traditional" agent too.
I think it's a good start to cut some commissions out, like someone once posted when I asked what listing agents do and the answer was play golf. When I was looking at homes only one listing agent was there and I think she was just training someone. The buyer's agent does most of the work showing the homes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2018, 04:40 PM

789 posts, read 1,333,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
Wait, they expect you to pay 1% upfront to list on their site with no guarantees? That's $3K up front for a $300,000 home.

The front page says 1.5% listing fee.
Maybe that is the commission price you pay after your home sells, because it was listed with Redfin. The listing agent and the buyer's agent both usually get a cut of the fee after the sale. But it looks like Redfin is giving a discount on the usual ( up to 5% maybe).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate