U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 01:06 PM

4,589 posts, read 1,145,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
I see it all of the time. A young man that I know just built a nice house... right across the street from the biggest junk yard in the county. He has a wife and one kid. It doesn't bother him in the slightest that there's a junk yard 400 feet from his front door.

Some people just don't care who their neighbors are or what they do. Let me also add that the schools that his kid will be going to are some of the worst in the county.
Ever heard of private school?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2018, 01:30 PM

1,844 posts, read 1,165,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
Near my neighborhood , there is a small trailer park that is very run down. There are two very nice large neighborhoods right next to this area as well. It is a stark contrast with nice neighborhoods with amenities and a trailer park 2 blocks away...
Somebody built a brand new nice house right in front of the trailer park area and put up a fence, but I still could not believe anybody would move there (it is not the safest place either), and why would somebody place that nice new house there?!!

My friend says the area is changing and all the trailers will be gone soon and moved out, but I don't know, the street and area is definitely changing, but it is still very strange that new house is so close to the trailer park?
Maybe the land is cheap, and the area will change in the long run........

Old 05-03-2018, 06:59 PM

588 posts, read 260,403 times
Reasons:

1) Cheap Land
2) Alot of people just stay within their house or property and don't go outside of it. So what happens outside of their property is no matter to them.

Old 05-03-2018, 07:10 PM

11,474 posts, read 25,701,761 times
I bet they got the land cheap

Old 05-03-2018, 07:55 PM

12,442 posts, read 13,091,627 times
Quote:
Near my neighborhood , there is a small trailer park that is very run down. There are two very nice large neighborhoods right next to this area as well. It is a stark contrast with nice neighborhoods with amenities and a trailer park 2 blocks away...
Somebody built a brand new nice house right in front of the trailer park area and put up a fence, but I still could not believe anybody would move there (it is not the safest place either), and why would somebody place that nice new house there?!!

My friend says the area is changing and all the trailers will be gone soon and moved out, but I don't know, the street and area is definitely changing, but it is still very strange that new house is so close to the trailer park?
two things:

one, if nice homes are going in and the area is changing, the trailer park could be driven out of the area through development and rising costs. At some point the owner of the trailer park when they see they can make a ton of money by selling the land to developers will do just that with no qualms about evicting the trailer park residents.

and

two, i live in an area with million dollar mansions literally right next door to apartments that are "the hood" and visited regularly by police. i think it is fascinating and very pleasing. i like it very much. there are gated communities right next door to apartments known for shady seedy activity. it makes me happy to have these elements side by side.

Old 05-03-2018, 09:20 PM

1,326 posts, read 528,365 times
Quote:
Johns Island
Johnís island seems to be developing rapidly as well and the building moratorium didnít happen. They appear to be putting in 1000 homes near the river.

Old 05-03-2018, 09:36 PM

7,098 posts, read 2,213,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photogal9 View Post
Seems some people have some inside knowledge that this area is changing. There are already nice neighborhoods around this trailer park, which may be on it's way out, as someone has already mentioned to you. Nothing seems odd to me about it.

The owner of this new house, may in fact know, that the trailer park is soon to close. All across the country, older trailer parks are being sold to developers of new houses or commercial buildings. The park residents are losing everything, as no other parks will allow them in, due to the age of their trailers. Some areas require some compensation and assistance to the residents of closed parks, but it usually isn't enough to save them from financial disaster and becoming homeless. My concern is about them, not about the aesthetic values of the neighborhoods of expensive new homes.

Old 05-04-2018, 05:33 AM

13,498 posts, read 29,444,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
The owner of this new house, may in fact know, that the trailer park is soon to close. All across the country, older trailer parks are being sold to developers of new houses or commercial buildings. The park residents are losing everything, as no other parks will allow them in, due to the age of their trailers. Some areas require some compensation and assistance to the residents of closed parks, but it usually isn't enough to save them from financial disaster and becoming homeless. My concern is about them, not about the aesthetic values of the neighborhoods of expensive new homes.
In my area most of those older trailers like that are owned by the park owner.

Old 05-04-2018, 05:57 AM

2,810 posts, read 2,806,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofHere View Post
John’s island seems to be developing rapidly as well and the building moratorium didn’t happen. They appear to be putting in 1000 homes near the river.
Yep, developing, but the roads have not kept up, poor planning!

With all the answers, it seems the builder took a chance to make some money, with inexpensive land, and hoping the trailer park will disappear soon....
for the above poster that is worried about the trailer park residents, they are all illegal aliens, so they can just go back to Mexico, Honduras, Guatemala and will be fine.

The above poster that loves seeing very nice houses and the hood right next to each other. Why?!

Old 05-04-2018, 06:34 AM

12,442 posts, read 13,091,627 times
Quote:
The above poster that loves seeing very nice houses and the hood right next to each other. Why?!
Because people who see themselves as better than others, are not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or