U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 07:06 PM

5,787 posts, read 6,339,183 times

Advertisements

Your lease probably has a clause detailing the terms when the lease ends and you move to a month-to-month. It should state the number of days notice both you and the landlord have to give for terminating the agreement and it should also state the new rent amount for the mtm period. Ours are usually in the range of 5% but that may vary drastically depending on your area. If this doesn't exist, you should bring it up with your landlord to establish such parameters. Something between 30-60 days notice is common.

All that to say, if you are indeed seriously searching for a home, just pay a little bit more at the end of your lease for the flexibility to be mtm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2018, 11:39 AM

20,999 posts, read 25,750,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNCamry99 View Post
...........How do I handle this situation ? ..........
If you are planning on buying, your best option is to go onto a month to month rental agreement. Or at the very least, make sure the new lease includes a lease termination fee. Read your lease. Maybe it already is set up to convert to a month to month at renewal time.

Gas stove depends upon whether there is gas available at the property line. I looked at several houses that had gas heat but electric stoves. Most of those already had a gas line to the stove area. If the gas mains are not already at the property line, it's not going to work. Either too expensive or the gas company doesn't want to put lines into that area.

Old 05-27-2018, 11:07 AM

254 posts, read 119,925 times
Thanks for your replies and I am back with update. I am able to see couple of homes. Here are some questions.

I did find past home sales on same community on 3/30/2018 & 05/08/2018.

Do I need to align my offer with those sales?

Will the mortgage appraiser support our higher valuation, if we submit the offer?

Will the mortgage appraiser consider above past sales for their valuation?

What are the best way to address inspections?

What are the items show up upon inspection for price negotiation?

I find, - "HOA/Condo/Coop Fee Includes: CAM, Lawn Care front, Lawn Care rear, Lawn Maintenance, Lawn Care side, Management, Master Ins Policy, Reserve Funds, Road Maint, Sewer, Snow Removal, Trash Removal, Water"

What are the pros/cons on having Master Ins Policy built into HOA?

Will any of the HOA component negotiable or cause of concern?

Is there any state/complaint division maintain RADON hazard risk for community/ZIP/Street?

How do I determine, whether radon remediation necessary?

I am working with a Realtor. Do I need an attorney to support this transaction?

Thanks for sharing.

Old 05-27-2018, 12:25 PM

13,114 posts, read 18,715,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNCamry99 View Post
Thanks for your replies and I am back with update. I am able to see couple of homes. Here are some questions....
Slow down.
1. You have an agent. Ask himher for help. Ask him/her for books, etc. that you can use to educate yourself.
2. Read a lot. Understand the house buying process in your locale before jumping into anything.
3. Go to open houses to get a feel for the market.

Old 05-27-2018, 06:56 PM

3,462 posts, read 1,642,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Depends on if gas is available on your desired street. If no, prohibitive cost to bring it. Could be $150K or more, if company agrees to do it. Could be $800 or so if on street and just need to connect to your house. More if stove can't be on outside wall. Have to dug up yard to get gas line/mater to your house. Then a plumber to run a line to the stove. Call the gas company and see if gas is already on the street.
If there's no local regulation against it, getting a large propane tank and a propane gas stove is a much cheaper proposition. Those of us in more rural areas with no NG available use propane frequently; I have a propane stove, water heater, and fireplace. Propane backups to heat pumps are also popular. Having propane gas appliances is a real advantage when the power is out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate