U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 09:40 AM

169 posts, read 460,921 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the good feedback and defining LKQ.
If tenant renews that would be fine.
The house is in GA.
I think will inspect the vinyl and carpet and if in bad shape will just replace it or
maybe give carpet credit in case people want to put in hardwoods.
Challenge is being the largest starter house in neighborhood overpricing the neighborhood.
Smaller homes in the neighborhood did the hardwoods and quartz counters but I don't think I would never see the increase.
A few are doing LVP.
Think may be best to keep the carpet.
Note to self. While we love the house and basement when going to sell a house being the most expensive house is not a positive.
As far as fixing basement that would only be for us to live in for 2 years to avoid the capital gains.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2018, 10:37 PM

6,121 posts, read 3,322,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
Tile vs hardwood is a preference! A lot of people actually prefer tile in kitchen because if an appliance goes out the wood floors will ruin. I think most would prefer one or the other over vinyl floor though! And if you’re in a stare like Florida, tile is a must! Also, if you’re going to do renovations I’d keep it simple. I personally wouldn’t finish s basement just to sell a house!

As far as selling it or keeping it as a rental, no one here knows your financial situation. The market is good now and continues to do well;however, it can crash tomorrow!
Of course it's a preference; so why put money into narrowing the field of potential buyers? The OP said the house had a basement, which almost completely eliminates the possibility it's in Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate