U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 08:53 PM

3,965 posts, read 6,455,435 times

Advertisements

alright...this whole thread is a bunch of crap -- if you have a house that looks like hell, there is no way to make it a mansion in photos. I don't care what you say....it is REALITY in photos...good or bad. If the owners don't care what their house looks like there is no magic wand that will make it better
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2018, 09:26 PM

4,003 posts, read 2,178,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
alright...this whole thread is a bunch of crap -- if you have a house that looks like hell, there is no way to make it a mansion in photos. I don't care what you say....it is REALITY in photos...good or bad. If the owners don't care what their house looks like there is no magic wand that will make it better
You're not seeing the same pictures I am.

Two of them are nice houses with terrible photos.

One is a crummy house, you're right... but the pictures are horribly taken.

Raccoon Run is a little of both.

There are two basic elements in taking a good picture... one is a pleasing subject, and this we don't always have a choice about. The other is knowing how to use the dang camera. For that, there is no excuse.

Old 06-28-2018, 06:43 AM

1,861 posts, read 913,426 times
Quote:
its the agents fault? really? how do you see that when the ONLY photos that can be put up are horrible because the house is a wreck? Would you rather see NO PHOTOS AT ALL? Thats what would happen when you come across a terrible looking house - then, as was said earlier, I would rather look at terrible interiors than be surprised when I drove up to see the house. At least I would have an idea of what I'm in for. It already states it needs rehab and updating....and it shows.
Where in the listing for Raccoon Run does it say the house needs rehab and updating? The house itself is not a huge mess or trashed, but the pictures taken by the agent just plain stink. I don't even know how or why you could even argue that. If the agent has such a terrible eye, then he needs to find someone else to take the pictures. It seriously looks like someone handed a toddler a disposable camera and then used those pictures for the listing.

Old 06-28-2018, 06:50 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,488 posts, read 1,841,651 times
Is it possible that the owners took their own pictures and told the agent to use them? Does that ever happen?

Old 06-28-2018, 08:25 AM

1,861 posts, read 913,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robino1 View Post
Is it possible that the owners took their own pictures and told the agent to use them? Does that ever happen?
I am sure it does happen, however in the case of Raccoon Run, the agent is in the reflection on the mirror in the bathroom picture.

Old 06-28-2018, 02:23 PM

7,992 posts, read 6,296,351 times
Quote:
its the agents fault? really? how do you see that when the ONLY photos that can be put up are horrible because the house is a wreck? Would you rather see NO PHOTOS AT ALL? Thats what would happen when you come across a terrible looking house - then, as was said earlier, I would rather look at terrible interiors than be surprised when I drove up to see the house. At least I would have an idea of what I'm in for. It already states it needs rehab and updating....and it shows.

you're arguing about the house where the agent or a surrogate used a phone camera to take pictures, right? where some are poorly-focused, some have lights shining in the back, etc?

or a different house?

it is not, and never should be, the agent's job to clean a house. Yes, I have run into folks that think I will.

Old 06-28-2018, 02:26 PM

Quote:
it does. and it's still my RESPONSIBILITY in representing that Seller to tell them we will not use the photos like that, and I'll have them done properly

(I like to say professionally instead of properly, which is my choice. there are agents who have invested time and effort into learning photography that do their own).

Old 06-28-2018, 02:28 PM

Quote:
there are also limited service brokerages that leave the photo responsibility to the homeowner. In my market, when it happens, it is indeed usually the homeowner's phone camera or point and shoot taking the photos.

Old 06-28-2018, 02:54 PM

33,778 posts, read 12,912,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
you're arguing about the house where the agent or a surrogate used a phone camera to take pictures, right? where some are poorly-focused, some have lights shining in the back, etc?

or a different house?

it is not, and never should be, the agent's job to clean a house. Yes, I have run into folks that think I will.
Our last agent gave us a consult with a home stager as part of her marketing package. She walked through the house with us and gave us a list with a half a dozen suggestions for each room.

When we had completed what she suggested, we called our agent who sent out professional real estate photographer.

The pictures were so darn good our kids didn't recognize the place.

They also asked why we hadn't lived like that while they were growing up.

Old 06-28-2018, 02:59 PM

33,778 posts, read 12,912,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
I am sure it does happen, however in the case of Raccoon Run, the agent is in the reflection on the mirror in the bathroom picture.
My favorite photo in this whole bunch.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate