U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 03:17 PM

16 posts, read 22,800 times

Advertisements

Yes, the HD pictures make the grain look more varied than in real life. I do think going neutral is a good plan. Should I ask my realtor to take out the “sunshine” photo?

Thanks everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2018, 03:37 PM

3,829 posts, read 2,053,214 times
I don't think anyone will decide not to come see the house because of the shower curtain, and it may cause a smile. Not bad I would have left it open so people could see the tub, but I wouldn't bother trying to change it now.

Old 05-20-2018, 03:42 PM

16 posts, read 22,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
I don't think anyone will decide not to come see the house because of the shower curtain, and it may cause a smile. Not bad I would have left it open so people could see the tub, but I wouldn't bother trying to change it now.
👍 Thanks again!

Old 05-20-2018, 03:44 PM

10,231 posts, read 14,087,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccermom1311 View Post
Yes, the HD pictures make the grain look more varied than in real life. I do think going neutral is a good plan. Should I ask my realtor to take out the “sunshine” photo?

Thanks everyone!
Just pull it back so the bold colors don't show; that is why I suggested tying it back with a ribbon. Same thing with the pink one, tie it back -- color is too bright for a 'wall of color' in there. Or replace both of them with a plain subtle color. I would also put some of those gorgeous patterned paper guest towels on the vanity. Gives a nice touch.

And, some real plants please. Keep it simple yet homey.

Old 05-20-2018, 04:49 PM

10,713 posts, read 19,054,470 times
Talk about going OT - that house is not in spirit of how NOT to showcase.........

Old 05-20-2018, 05:02 PM

543 posts, read 267,878 times
Well I like the look of the house so I don't know,

Old 05-20-2018, 05:24 PM

7,108 posts, read 2,893,107 times
The realtor has no talent for photography. He should hire one and maybe he will sell a house. Home sellers should eliminate the clutter and make the house desirable also. Take down some of the garbage on the walls and clear the kitchen counters. Most buyers donít care about your art taste and family pictures...

Old 05-20-2018, 05:36 PM

18,977 posts, read 10,047,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
While I think the place will show fine, rugs or no rugs, I will guess that the varying wood grain is not nearly as *striking* in person as it is in these pictures. The trouble, IMHO, with HD photos is the way they turn all the textures and colors to 11, when in person... they're probably a 6.

These aren't too bad, some photographers these days crank it up until it looks like a video game, not a real house.

Sometimes rugs will prevent damage, particularly from sliding chairs. If you use the table, and if the chairs may damage the floors without them... then put rugs down. Or felt pads on the chairs.

Do whatever is easiest to keep clean and live with these next few weeks!
The "wood" is tile, so not really that much concern about damage from the chairs, although felt pads are helpful no matter what the floor surface is.

Old 05-20-2018, 06:10 PM

3,936 posts, read 6,393,018 times
actually, the shower curtain made me smile and I think anyone walking in to the room would too.

It's like the house giving you a compliment. That's what it's meant to do.

It's also something that will make a person looking at the house remember YOUR house in particular.

Old 05-20-2018, 06:18 PM

3,936 posts, read 6,393,018 times
As for the original house in North Carolina posting - well, we can all see that the gentleman taking the photos is not good at it. We can also see that the people living in the house did nothing to clean it up and put things away for photos so the house showed well. Both are wrong.

Fish photo....well, that's a guy thing.

The house itself, you cant fault the house for how it's built - it is what it is. Probably common for that area and may not be for yours or mine.

I've seen a LOT worse! That one is nothing in comparison. My pet peeve is leaving toilet seats up in photos. Even worse is seeing a toilet with something "in" it.

Unless you are in the business, you have no idea what we see on a regular basis!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate