Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 08:23 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 399083453 View Post
Yeah, its dated, but if its what you want, its fine.

Condo with common area and no association fees? I'd have lots of questions about that.
yes so would I .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2018, 08:26 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times
those taxes seem high and if it does get re assessed it will be higher whoa ...that would kill me right there . But hey if you don't mind the high taxes and the possibility of re assessment then go for it .

Old 05-31-2018, 09:58 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,947,351 times
Do you think this place is outdated?

Does McDonald's sell hamburgers?

And the kitchen is a non-starter.

Old 05-31-2018, 10:25 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
Yes, it's dated. But could be improved with some fairly minor cosmetic changes, such as painting the trim, and could be made very nice with a bit more extensive renovation.

Not that it matters anyway, since it's already under contract.

Although I agree, I am curious about how common areas are maintained if there is no HOA at all. I live in a duplex where the property immediately surrounding our homes is private property for us to maintain. But we also pay a fairly small master association fee that goes to maintaining the common areas including local pocket parks and the pools in the community.

However it was weird to hear that some people in duplexes replace just one side of their roof and end up with mismatched roofs. Duplexes are a pretty common type of home in my area (a large planned urban community) and the homeowners from each side coordinate with each other on roof replacement and exterior painting. I suppose at some point, there will be neighbors who disagree, but so far I haven't heard any stories about that happening. Our property values are pretty high though, so maybe people are more invested in maintaining them by keeping things looking good like not having a mis-matched roof?

And just to chime in about sinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I do agree about the single bowl sink, not a fan of those myself. I still occasionally see new houses with them today for some reason, I guess some people prefer them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
Same here. Not only is it large, but it's deep. I've come to appreciate it.
Yep, I absolutely love my big, deep single sink. I will never have a double sink again, and would only buy if it already had a sink that I liked or if it would be fairly easy to change it out (if I was already doing other work, for instance).

Old 05-31-2018, 10:25 AM

199 posts, read 129,186 times
Well I used to like my house but now I’m becoming ashamed. We bought a house similar down the street last year. It has white trim though but the kitchen is similar. We don’t have kids just a dog. I have no plans to rent it to anyone or do any updating at this point.

Old 05-31-2018, 10:31 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,488 posts, read 3,335,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna4k View Post
Well I used to like my house but now I’m becoming ashamed. We bought a house similar down the street last year. We don’t have kids just a dog. I have no plans to rent it to anyone.
You should not feel ashamed! Is it clean? Is it functional? That's all that really matters.

People have opinions and that's fine. Just pay no mind to anyone putting down your home or a home that is comparable to yours.

I've lived in a trailer and it was clean and functional. I'm was never ashamed. Now if the place is a pig sty, then feel ashamed.

Old 05-31-2018, 10:33 AM

6,556 posts, read 8,381,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna4k View Post
Well I used to like my house but now I’m becoming ashamed. We bought a house similar down the street last year. It has white trim though but the kitchen is similar. We don’t have kids just a dog. I have no plans to rent it to anyone or do any updating at this point.
Don't allow other people to change your feelings. If you're happy with your house, that's the only thing that matters.

Old 05-31-2018, 10:44 AM

Wow it’s already under contract and it’s only been in the market a day. It was foreclosed and the owners moved out last week.

Old 05-31-2018, 10:54 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,070,207 times
House looks fine for what it is. Taxes are high...probably agent inputted a wrong figure, or included some sort of association fee ( I know what the poster said, but someone pays for all those amenities unless that picture of ball field, etc. was not part of the complex).

Fact that it sold in one day says it all.

Old 05-31-2018, 10:56 AM

What do you mean fact that is was sold in one day says it all?

There is no association fee. I live in the same neighborhood. There are no amenities. We mow and shovel and take care of our own properties. The ball field is part of the park district I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate